SUNRAE * Just wondering how you are doing on chemo!

Options
Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey Sunrae! I think this is your 2nd week on chemo. Just praying that it will be easier on you.


Sue :)
«1

Comments

  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Sunrae ☻
    Praying that you are feeling better and doing better on chemo.

    ♥ Kristin ♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

    Sunrae ☻
    Praying that you are feeling better and doing better on chemo.

    ♥ Kristin ♥

    ditto!

    ditto!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    carkris said:

    ditto!

    ditto!

    Hoping that all is well with
    Hoping that all is well with you Sunrae!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

    Hoping that all is well with
    Hoping that all is well with you Sunrae!

    Hope you are ok
    I ditto this too!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    jnl said:

    Hope you are ok
    I ditto this too!

    Sunrae posted last week and
    Sunrae posted last week and wasn't doing very well with chemo. Maybe she will chime in this week to let us know something.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    Megan M said:

    Sunrae posted last week and
    Sunrae posted last week and wasn't doing very well with chemo. Maybe she will chime in this week to let us know something.

    Hi everyone, Tomorrow will
    Hi everyone, Tomorrow will be my 2nd chemo. I'm on a weekly cycle of Cytoxan/Taxotere. Last week I got a little sick each day for a couple of days but took Compazine, and that really helped. Felt well enough to have all my kids and grandkids over for Mother's Day, didn't cook but felt ok. This week has been good and actually planted a few more flowers in the garden. Hope this next week is as good and hope I continue to stay well. Heart problems seem to be ok too and my diabetes is under control. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Will let you know how it goes with the chemo.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Sunrae said:

    Hi everyone, Tomorrow will
    Hi everyone, Tomorrow will be my 2nd chemo. I'm on a weekly cycle of Cytoxan/Taxotere. Last week I got a little sick each day for a couple of days but took Compazine, and that really helped. Felt well enough to have all my kids and grandkids over for Mother's Day, didn't cook but felt ok. This week has been good and actually planted a few more flowers in the garden. Hope this next week is as good and hope I continue to stay well. Heart problems seem to be ok too and my diabetes is under control. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Will let you know how it goes with the chemo.

    ♥ Sweet Sunrae ♥
    So glad to read that you are feeling better. I have been worried about you too. Glad you had a good Mother's Day and that you are out in your flower gardens again. I have been about living in mine...Too many flowers and too many weeds. lol Take care my friend and please post in as often as you can to let us know how you are. Your picture always makes me smile..You are such a beautiful lady!</♥</font>

    Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

    ♥ Sweet Sunrae ♥
    So glad to read that you are feeling better. I have been worried about you too. Glad you had a good Mother's Day and that you are out in your flower gardens again. I have been about living in mine...Too many flowers and too many weeds. lol Take care my friend and please post in as often as you can to let us know how you are. Your picture always makes me smile..You are such a beautiful lady!</♥</font>

    Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

    That is good that you seem
    That is good that you seem to be able to take the chemo now with few side effects. Wishing that it continues that way for you.
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    Options
    Sunrae said:

    Hi everyone, Tomorrow will
    Hi everyone, Tomorrow will be my 2nd chemo. I'm on a weekly cycle of Cytoxan/Taxotere. Last week I got a little sick each day for a couple of days but took Compazine, and that really helped. Felt well enough to have all my kids and grandkids over for Mother's Day, didn't cook but felt ok. This week has been good and actually planted a few more flowers in the garden. Hope this next week is as good and hope I continue to stay well. Heart problems seem to be ok too and my diabetes is under control. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Will let you know how it goes with the chemo.

    good
    I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as you feared and you were able to enjoy mother's day. Hoping you continue to do at least as well with further treatments!

    Hugs, El
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

    good
    I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as you feared and you were able to enjoy mother's day. Hoping you continue to do at least as well with further treatments!

    Hugs, El

    Thank you Sunrae for
    Thank you Sunrae for posting! You hadn't been on and I wasn't for sure how you were doing. I am glad also that you are doing better. Hang in there Sunrae! We are all rooting you on to the finish line!

    Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

    Thank you Sunrae for
    Thank you Sunrae for posting! You hadn't been on and I wasn't for sure how you were doing. I am glad also that you are doing better. Hang in there Sunrae! We are all rooting you on to the finish line!

    Sue :)

    We have missed you here! So
    We have missed you here! So good that you are feeling better. Keep us updated!


    HUGS!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

    We have missed you here! So
    We have missed you here! So good that you are feeling better. Keep us updated!


    HUGS!

    My chemo session yesterday
    My chemo session yesterday was only 4 hours. I get the anti-nausea meds, then a steriod, then the cytoxan and taxotere. I do fine thru the session but today I'm feeling a little queasy, lightheaded and a little short of breath if I try to do much. Also having a dry mouth and doing a lot of rinsing. Last week I was feeling about the same for a couple of days, then by the 3rd day I came out of it and did ok. Don't expect anything much different this week. I am counting the weeks tho, 2 down, 10 sessions to go. I'm looking forward to getting this and radiation over with and crossing that finish line. Should be sometime late summer, early fall. From the posts I've been reading if I lose my hair, it should start either this week or next. My onc doesn't think I will but so many of you have so I'm kind of expecting it. I drove the other day for the first time since surgery and I'm wearing some of my new masectomy bras and prosthesis, not too bad. I'm still sore but its getting better each day. Did any of you have trouble getting your range of motion back after surgery. I'm doing the wall crawl but it still hurts to get up the wall very high. Of course having the port put in a week ago adds to the soreness and stiffness but that will probably go away soon. I'm glad I chose to do chemo even tho I dreaded it so much. My blood counts are starting to fall so I will probably be getting meds soon for all that. Take care of yourselves and I'll try to keep you posted. Can't wait to get closer to the finish line.
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    Options
    Sunrae said:

    My chemo session yesterday
    My chemo session yesterday was only 4 hours. I get the anti-nausea meds, then a steriod, then the cytoxan and taxotere. I do fine thru the session but today I'm feeling a little queasy, lightheaded and a little short of breath if I try to do much. Also having a dry mouth and doing a lot of rinsing. Last week I was feeling about the same for a couple of days, then by the 3rd day I came out of it and did ok. Don't expect anything much different this week. I am counting the weeks tho, 2 down, 10 sessions to go. I'm looking forward to getting this and radiation over with and crossing that finish line. Should be sometime late summer, early fall. From the posts I've been reading if I lose my hair, it should start either this week or next. My onc doesn't think I will but so many of you have so I'm kind of expecting it. I drove the other day for the first time since surgery and I'm wearing some of my new masectomy bras and prosthesis, not too bad. I'm still sore but its getting better each day. Did any of you have trouble getting your range of motion back after surgery. I'm doing the wall crawl but it still hurts to get up the wall very high. Of course having the port put in a week ago adds to the soreness and stiffness but that will probably go away soon. I'm glad I chose to do chemo even tho I dreaded it so much. My blood counts are starting to fall so I will probably be getting meds soon for all that. Take care of yourselves and I'll try to keep you posted. Can't wait to get closer to the finish line.

    good
    I'm glad you are doing ok. Hopefully all of the treatments won't be any worse than the 1st round. I found it was easier to do the wall crawling exercise at the end of my shower (crawling up the shower wall). I guess the hot water loosened everything up.
    Thanks for keeping us up to date. You're a pretty special lady and we worry about you when you get quiet.
    Hugs, El
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

    good
    I'm glad you are doing ok. Hopefully all of the treatments won't be any worse than the 1st round. I found it was easier to do the wall crawling exercise at the end of my shower (crawling up the shower wall). I guess the hot water loosened everything up.
    Thanks for keeping us up to date. You're a pretty special lady and we worry about you when you get quiet.
    Hugs, El

    Soon you will be at the
    Soon you will be at the finish line Sunrae and we will be holding the flashlights for you! Happy to read that you are doing somewhat better. Your pretty face should always be smiling!


    Lex♥
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Alexis F said:

    Soon you will be at the
    Soon you will be at the finish line Sunrae and we will be holding the flashlights for you! Happy to read that you are doing somewhat better. Your pretty face should always be smiling!


    Lex♥

    Range of motion....
    improves a little at a time. I'm actually backtracking because of the radiation soreness, but had gotten to where I had almost full range back. Keep pushing yourself! I always do the wall crawl in the shower. For some reason it seems easier when wet. hahaha
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

    Range of motion....
    improves a little at a time. I'm actually backtracking because of the radiation soreness, but had gotten to where I had almost full range back. Keep pushing yourself! I always do the wall crawl in the shower. For some reason it seems easier when wet. hahaha

    Hoping you are still doing
    Hoping you are still doing somewhat better Sunrae! Keep checking in.

    HUGS!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

    Hoping you are still doing
    Hoping you are still doing somewhat better Sunrae! Keep checking in.

    HUGS!

    Had my 3rd chemo last Wed.
    Had my 3rd chemo last Wed. and found out that my white blood cells were too low. Had to go the next 2 days and get a Neupogen shot, the second one knocked me for a loop. The last 2 days I've been curled up in that little ball in a corner, trying not to make any motions too fast. I really got nauseated, sweating, and so sick I could hardly keep any liquids down. Today I started coming out of it a little bit and was able to get a little food down. Everything has that horrible metal taste, can't seem to enjoy any food other than some juice and Cheetos but made myself eat a couple of bites of healthy food tonight. Just wondering how often I'll have to take those Neupogen shots and if it'll affect me the same every time. Hope I get to feeling better so I can have my 4th shot this coming Wed. and stay on schedule. I know most of you had to take Neulasta but since I'm on a weekly chemo schedule I couldn't take Neulasta. What has your experience been with Neupogen or Neulasta. I thought I was doing pretty good until I was hit with this. Appreciate your thoughts and prayers on my behalf.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Sunrae said:

    Had my 3rd chemo last Wed.
    Had my 3rd chemo last Wed. and found out that my white blood cells were too low. Had to go the next 2 days and get a Neupogen shot, the second one knocked me for a loop. The last 2 days I've been curled up in that little ball in a corner, trying not to make any motions too fast. I really got nauseated, sweating, and so sick I could hardly keep any liquids down. Today I started coming out of it a little bit and was able to get a little food down. Everything has that horrible metal taste, can't seem to enjoy any food other than some juice and Cheetos but made myself eat a couple of bites of healthy food tonight. Just wondering how often I'll have to take those Neupogen shots and if it'll affect me the same every time. Hope I get to feeling better so I can have my 4th shot this coming Wed. and stay on schedule. I know most of you had to take Neulasta but since I'm on a weekly chemo schedule I couldn't take Neulasta. What has your experience been with Neupogen or Neulasta. I thought I was doing pretty good until I was hit with this. Appreciate your thoughts and prayers on my behalf.

    I was so lucky that I never had to take it...
    But I can tell you that each treatment I had a different white blood cell count. My lowest was my 3rd, so maybe you'll have my luck. I don't know if it's true, but I tried to rest a lot and eat really healthy foods. Iron rich foods. I really don't know if it helped, but it's worth a try.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

    Had my 3rd chemo last Wed.
    Had my 3rd chemo last Wed. and found out that my white blood cells were too low. Had to go the next 2 days and get a Neupogen shot, the second one knocked me for a loop. The last 2 days I've been curled up in that little ball in a corner, trying not to make any motions too fast. I really got nauseated, sweating, and so sick I could hardly keep any liquids down. Today I started coming out of it a little bit and was able to get a little food down. Everything has that horrible metal taste, can't seem to enjoy any food other than some juice and Cheetos but made myself eat a couple of bites of healthy food tonight. Just wondering how often I'll have to take those Neupogen shots and if it'll affect me the same every time. Hope I get to feeling better so I can have my 4th shot this coming Wed. and stay on schedule. I know most of you had to take Neulasta but since I'm on a weekly chemo schedule I couldn't take Neulasta. What has your experience been with Neupogen or Neulasta. I thought I was doing pretty good until I was hit with this. Appreciate your thoughts and prayers on my behalf.

    Hi, Sunrae. Please know
    Hi, Sunrae. Please know that it will be over soon. You have had such a hard time and way too many setbacks, too. I had the Nuelasta shot and I had joint pain, mainly in my legs and lower back, usually about 2 days after the shot. Luckily for me, it only last for a day or two and I was able to control it with extra strength Tylenol. I'm sending strength your way to get through these treatments and on to better living. Keep us posted and sending gentle (((hugs))) your way.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

    Had my 3rd chemo last Wed.
    Had my 3rd chemo last Wed. and found out that my white blood cells were too low. Had to go the next 2 days and get a Neupogen shot, the second one knocked me for a loop. The last 2 days I've been curled up in that little ball in a corner, trying not to make any motions too fast. I really got nauseated, sweating, and so sick I could hardly keep any liquids down. Today I started coming out of it a little bit and was able to get a little food down. Everything has that horrible metal taste, can't seem to enjoy any food other than some juice and Cheetos but made myself eat a couple of bites of healthy food tonight. Just wondering how often I'll have to take those Neupogen shots and if it'll affect me the same every time. Hope I get to feeling better so I can have my 4th shot this coming Wed. and stay on schedule. I know most of you had to take Neulasta but since I'm on a weekly chemo schedule I couldn't take Neulasta. What has your experience been with Neupogen or Neulasta. I thought I was doing pretty good until I was hit with this. Appreciate your thoughts and prayers on my behalf.

    Glad you checked in with us
    Glad you checked in with us Sunrae. We get worried when you don't. So sorry that this is so awful for you. I hope your oncologist can find something to make it a lot easier on you. You take care and keep checking in with us!

    Sue :)