PET/CT results

Options
nancy591
nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Well, after 5 infusions of Doxil, it was decided I should move on to something else. The PET showed increased uptake in the areas on my colon. I have a new enlarged abdominal lymph node. Overall, the scan isn't bad and the areas on the colon are still small. The disease is not spreading quickly. The CT really didn't show much of anything.

It is still be discussed, but, I will probably start Carbo/Gemzar. WIll I go bald again? How are the side effects of Gemzar?

Comments

• catcan
    catcan Member Posts: 119
    Options
    Sorry
    Nancy

Sorry the results weren't better. I had my 3rd round and my cat-scan showed it hasn't progressed but not better either, although fluid around lungs gone. We decided to stick with it for three more rounds, now not too sure after seeing you had 5. He did mention Gemzar if the results don't improve. Keep me posted praying for you

Cat
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    Bald
    Nancy,

I had Gem/cisp for awhile and then became allergic to cisplatin and so I have been on Carbo/Gemzar. My hair has thinned some, but not bad. I have not colored it since I began this treatment back in July.

I found cisplatin to be the roughest chemo yet and it has been much easier on carbo/gemzar.

I had back spasms and lots of muscle and bone pain but since switched to carbo the spasms are gone and still have the muscle/bone pain but not as bad.

Libby
  • zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Options
    I will start round #7
    I will start round #7 carbo/ gemzar may 18. I am not bald, but become more thiner. Doctor told< with Gemzar you not will be bald.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    hair loss
    Hi Nancy, sorry to hear that there are some increases on the PET. I was on gemzar/cisplatin for 6 cycles and my hair thinned to the point of being able to see the shape of my head. I'm not sure, but I think it was the cisplatin. I did shave it finally after the 5th cycle. I hope the gemzar/carbo works for you and zaps those guys out.

Hugs,
    kathleen
  • Disneynutt
    Disneynutt Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was on Gemzar for a while
    I was on Gemzar for a while and my hair actually started to grow back after the taxol so no, I don't think you'll go bald. I had absolutely no side effects from the drug at all. None. I did have to have Neulasta shots which don't agree with me but the Gemzar itself was pretty anticlimactic. Lots of luck Nancy.
  • upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy
    Glad nothing is

Hi Nancy
    Glad nothing is progressing significantly!
    I'm in second round of Gemzar - started noticing some hair fall-out, so just waiting to see how it goes. I had not had any of the daily hair fallout that is normal for anyone. Actually, I've had no fallout since regrowth post taxol/carb regimen in '08. So this may be just the normal hair renewal cycle or I'm starting to get some 'thinning'. So far, nothing like the taxol/carbo effects. Annie
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Hugs
    Just wanting to leave a hug and a reminder that bald is beautiful :-)

Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie