please let me know is the ingredients I use to make in my soaps will be allowed to be used

soapmaker
soapmaker Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
My brother is going through chemo and rad. He finished 6 weeks and is beginning another round this week.

he said his doctor told him to use only Ivory soap. I have a small business and have been in business for 4 years making high quality homemade soap. Many are all natural and a few with goats milk without scent. I want to provide him with a good skin care to help with the burning in rad.
Any comments?

You are all angels and heros to share your stories. God Bless you all!

Comments

• GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Stick with the doctors
    Stick with the Dr recommendations...."when in doubt..."
  • soapmaker
    soapmaker Member Posts: 2
    GregStahl said:

Stick with the doctors
    Stick with the Dr recommendations...."when in doubt..."

Soap
    Thanks so much hon and God Bless!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

I think Ivory is a very harsh soap.
    I can't imagine using a soap as harsh as Ivory on radiated skin! I have 28 rounds of external radiation and was never told to use any special soap. But I used a non-drying soap with a high-cream/fat content, and a special 'mint' soap just because the smell was so good for my soul; and a wonderful oatmeal soap that was very soothing. As long as your homemade soap is pure and without anything harsh like lye or chemical-perfumes, I say anyone in treatment should indulge in any small luxury and comfort thay can find and safely use! Of course I'm not an oncologist!
  • Maggie91
    Maggie91 Member Posts: 8
    The doctor may have just
    The doctor may have just been trying to say to use a mild soap. That is my thought, anyway, FWIW.