Options
2»

Comments

• Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Interesting ?
    Traci
    My surgeon made the incision at the bottom of my areola. My Tumor was at the 10:00 position so I still wonder why he went in down there?? I couldn't be happier with the results though. It was quite a surprise when I woke up & didn't see the football shaped incision like the picture he drew of how he was going to do it. It cracks me up whenever I get an exam because the docs search around for my scar & finally ask "where is it"? I wish he would of done the same with the port & Sentinal scars. They are UG-ly!
    Cat
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Traci
    I had to laugh. Maybe a turkey breast would be more suitable? And don't forget to draw on it with a smeary blue marker before the stickers!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Sheesh Traci! Your question
    Sheesh Traci! Your question reminded me of an old, old Peanuts cartoon....Linus and Charlie Brown were lying on a small hill looking up at the clouds in the sky. Linus asked CB if he ever noticed how the clouds looked like figures...CB said yes. To which Linus said.."Me too~ when I look up right now, I see Cyrus the Great and his whole army, horses at the gallop,soldiers with their swords drawn racing to do battle with the invading troops...what do YOU see, Charlie Brown?" And Charlie Brown said..."Well, I was gonna say a duckie and a horsie, but I changed my mind."

So~ when I saw your question, I had a real Charlie Brown moment and was gonna say..."Well duh, on my BREAST, of course!" My Bad.....

Love you!
    Chen♥
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    crselby said:

Lost sensation?
    My scar is high on my boob, about 4 inches from areola, and about 3 inches long. Healed very nicely and barely visable. The brachy scars from 90 punture holes range from white spots (on inner side of breast, where my chest tans, to red dots (on the underarm side which gets no sun) to totally disappeared. The radiologist knew who my surgeon was by the smalll size and perfectly straight line of the scar! I asked her to try to avoid cutting anywhere where I might lose nipple sensation. Do those of you with areola scars notice any loss of sensation?
    ~~Connie~~

yes.
    The bc breast has loss of sensation in the nipple area but the skin is also ?thicker? than the other. I'm not sure that is the right term but it is certainly different but I *think* it is because of rads.

Maureen
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Mine is along the top edge of my areola.
    Hi All,

A very interesting question. When I had my first after treatment mammo, the tech guessed my surgeon based on my scar. My boob looks great except that my left boob looks a bit tired by comparison. My husband lovingly calls them perky and droopy. We've had more than one chuckle over that one. My bc breast is also smaller but I really don't care. I can't tell with my bra on and my braless days were over long before my diagnosis.

Roseann

names
    perky & droopy! OMG I got a laugh out of *that* one!

Thanks!

Maureen