Question on scan results

GregStahl
GregStahl Member Posts: 188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wife just had her X-rays, CT & bone scans done earlier this week. Since she works at the hospital, she has access to the reports....everything looks OK except for one thing. The Ct showed a right ovary that appeared to be "normal" and "unremarkable". The problem is she had a bi-lateral Oophorectomy done this past October. Has anyone run into this? I know its possible to have 3 ovaries, but with 2 C-sections, a tubal, a hysterectomy, then the Oophorectomy, I would think one of the 3 OB/GYNs would have seen something.

Comments

• greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Gee....
    I'll be surprised if you find anyone who has run into that before - how bizarre! Please let us know how they end up explaining that one!
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    No to be overly suspicious,
    No to be overly suspicious, but...could they have mixed up the film with someone else's? I cannot imagine that they would confuse an ovary for anything else in misinterpreting the image. How STRANGE!!!!!

Hope it all gets straightened out soon. seof
  • CarrWilson
    CarrWilson Member Posts: 111
    Second opinion
    I would definately ask for a second opinion from another radiologist! It is possible to have 3 or more ovaries, but because of your wife's past history I would have thought someone would have caught this. It never hurts to get more information, it kind of blows your opinion of the medical community, but remember we are all human.

Best of Luck to you and your wife - Carrie
  • GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188

Second opinion
    I would definately ask for a second opinion from another radiologist! It is possible to have 3 or more ovaries, but because of your wife's past history I would have thought someone would have caught this. It never hurts to get more information, it kind of blows your opinion of the medical community, but remember we are all human.

Best of Luck to you and your wife - Carrie

Strange I know
    Both the surgeon and Oncologist sent the results back and told them recheck. The OB/GYN got involved as well.
    Thanks all.
  • katznc
    katznc Member Posts: 70
    not common but happened to me
    I had a radiologist read a scan for me years ago who said. Cyst attached to left overy. I didn't have a left overy. So I told my doc to make them read it again so he/she could hopefully see their error. Hard to say what was seen but don't get scared. Sometimes it is just a human error. You can also have someone else read it.