having PET/CT scan Thurs pm & bloodwork results

Options
2»

Comments

• luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Lisa and Amy, you know you
    Lisa and Amy, you know you guys are in my thoughts and prayers always. Please let us know how they turn out.

-Sheri
  • linandtom
    linandtom Member Posts: 67
    Options
    lisa42 said:

back from scan and looked at CD
    Hi All,

Well, I finished the PET/CT a couple of hours ago & walked out with a CD of it. Before looking at it, I popped the CD of my last scan on 2/10/10 in to remind myself what that looked like. Then popped in the new one from today...same old lit up spots all over lungs and my liver. Damn. BUT, maybe it's stable- I really couldn't tell from looking if it was worse, better, or the same. It actually did not look better- either the same (stable) or slightly worse. I do need to remember that this is the first time ever that starting up treatment again after a bad scan that treatment was delayed. In the past, I always started new treatment w/in a week or so after the scan. This time it was 5 weeks (because of not getting in a clinical trial and the insurance denial saga)- but that does mean that I probably got worse in those 5 weeks & that was never recorded on a scan. So when the Gemzar started working, it was like 5 steps backward and 3 forward. Something like that. I'm surmising, since I don't have the scan report yet. I should get that from the hospital tomorrow afternoon & then I meet w/ my onc next week Tuesday.

Well, I'll check back in w/you all later.

Hugs,
    Lisa

Scan results
    Just saw this update after my PM to you. Now you know Gemzar is like a clinical trial for cc. So it may or may not work right away. Also...keep in mind - stable is GOOD! Always good! Take care Lisa but most of all enjoy your weekend with your family. Don't spend all weekend worrying about this as we both know what God says about worry!! Blessings to you today - I hope you have sunny days this weekend in CA!
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    lisa42 said:

back from scan and looked at CD
    Hi All,

Well, I finished the PET/CT a couple of hours ago & walked out with a CD of it. Before looking at it, I popped the CD of my last scan on 2/10/10 in to remind myself what that looked like. Then popped in the new one from today...same old lit up spots all over lungs and my liver. Damn. BUT, maybe it's stable- I really couldn't tell from looking if it was worse, better, or the same. It actually did not look better- either the same (stable) or slightly worse. I do need to remember that this is the first time ever that starting up treatment again after a bad scan that treatment was delayed. In the past, I always started new treatment w/in a week or so after the scan. This time it was 5 weeks (because of not getting in a clinical trial and the insurance denial saga)- but that does mean that I probably got worse in those 5 weeks & that was never recorded on a scan. So when the Gemzar started working, it was like 5 steps backward and 3 forward. Something like that. I'm surmising, since I don't have the scan report yet. I should get that from the hospital tomorrow afternoon & then I meet w/ my onc next week Tuesday.

Well, I'll check back in w/you all later.

Hugs,
    Lisa

Lisa
    I am so sorry you appear disappointed. Wait for the report. You know that new drugs take a bit to kick in. Like our onc says, George didn't get cancer overnight and the improvements will not be shown overnight, give it some time to work. That is one of the reasons he didn't scan George for six months, so he could get a real picture of things. Since George's CEA dropped like a bomb and other stuff improved, we knew the chemo was working.

You just may need to give it a little more time to show if it is working. If the report says that now things are stable, then, that is good news, the new drugs are working.

Wishing you nothing but the best. You and George are in the same boat, stuff all over the liver and lungs but, you are still here, you are still kicking, you are still fighting. Now go out and enjoy something, even if it is just hugging the breath out of those beautiful children.

Hugs Tina
  • jscho
    jscho Member Posts: 62
    Options
    another clinical trial to look out for
    Hi Lisa, another phase III clinical trial for mCRC is about to open. The drug targets two different receptors (VEGF and TIE) associated with angiogenesis. The drawback with this trial is that it has a placebo arm.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01103323?term=regorafenib&rank=3

I think that currently the only US site of the trial is the Mayo clinic in Minnesota, but it is worth keeping your eye on this one as the preliminary results for gastrointestinal stromal tumors in earlier trials were very good (75-80% partial response + stable disease, with progression-free time around 8 months).
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Scan
    I am praying for at least stable results with your spots. It's a good thing that your CEA didn't go up so that seems positive. Maybe you need a little more chemo before things start shrinking. Hoping that your doctor has some good news for you on Tuesday. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tara and Amy, hoping that all goes well with both your scans as well.