hot flashes from tamoxifen

Options
2»

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Have you tried changing the time of day you take it?
    Don't know if this would help you, but it helped me.

My understanding is that you have several options as to when/how you can take Tamoxifen: 20 mg in the morning, 20 mg in the evening, or 10 mg morning and evening. My doctor started me with 20 mg in the evening -- by the 2nd night, I was up every 2 hours with unbearable hot flashes. He changed me to taking it in the morning instead, and it has helped tremendously. If you haven't already tried changing the time, it's a simple thing to try and might help, depending on what times of day you're more prone to getting hot flashes.

Traci

I know some have cut their
    I know some have cut their dosage and taken it only at night. Others even took a couple of weeks break and it seemed that when they went back on it, they did better. Not for sure why, but, you might ask your oncologist about this. Wishing you luck!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Sher43009 said:

Traci
    I'm sorry if I sounded like I was blaming you for the night sweats. That was not my intent. I was thinking how much worse they'd be if I took the tamoxifen at night instead. I wonder after reading Kat11 if taking it at night gives you the day hot flashes, and taking it in the morning gives you the night flashes???? Or more likely it just causes flashes! I'm going to the freezer for the Ben & Jerry's!

Sher

Lots and I do mean lots of
    Lots and I do mean lots of good advice here for you! Hope something helps you!
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I have hot flashes and I am

I have hot flashes and I am not even taking tamoxifen. Particularly worse right after I have chemo (AC). Don't know how long this is going to go on for.