compression for shoulder lymphedema swelling

Options
martysuek
martysuek Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had bilateral mast 2/10/10 for cancer contained to the breast. I had sentinal node biopsy. Just one node removed. I didn't have rad or chemo. Now I'm having troubles with lymphedema! I was so shocked. I did all the right things and the chances were so slim, like 5%. Anyway, that's enough whining.

I'm wearing a sleeve and doing manual drainage 2 times daily, but am having problems with shoulder swelling. Anyone have an idea for shoulder compression? Something that will not be noticable under cloths and something that will not squish the expander I'm having put in 3/18/10?

Thanks for your input!

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you have this. I
    I am sorry you have this. I don't have lymphedema, but, many on here do and I am sure they will post for you. There is also a bc survivor here named RE. She used to have a lot of information on her expressions page. And, give your doctor a call. Maybe he can help you more. Good luck!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    DebbyM said:

I am sorry you have this. I
    I am sorry you have this. I don't have lymphedema, but, many on here do and I am sure they will post for you. There is also a bc survivor here named RE. She used to have a lot of information on her expressions page. And, give your doctor a call. Maybe he can help you more. Good luck!

Hi
    Sorry for your pain. Manufactures, which make compression sleeves also make garments for shoulders. Check on their websites. I remember i saw the picture and brochure. Search for lymphedema (google). Juzo definitely has them.Ask you breast surgeon for physical therapy.
    Good luck