any smokers still smoking?

2»

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Cat64 said:

Add me to the list
    Current smoker...:-( I know! it's awful isn't it?! You would think the scare of hearing our diagnosis would be enough to give up this nasty habit. Someone at my previous Onc. office gave me one of those E cigarettes to try, but I had a difficult time with it & gave up. I'm hoping by my next birthday to be nicotine free. Cutting back is a great start, so don't be too hard on yourself. You can do it!!
    Cat

I got bronchitis really bad,
    I got bronchitis really bad, and, that got me to quit. I couldn't smoke while I was sick, and, I just lost my wanting one. It is hard, but, you can do it! Good luck!
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    katznc said:

still smoking
    I'm still smoking ugh. I have quit twice on Wellbutrin ? spelling ? The only side effect for me was constipation but then everything constipates me. It does give you a little mellow feeling also a bonus. My problem is that as soon as I over stress I use it as an excuse to smoke so I always start back up.

Every Morning
    If you think about it we use all sorts of excuses and mine was keeps the weight off until I gained 70 lbs then couldn't use that anymore.
    Seriously this is embedded in our subconsciousness and we have to deprogram the thoughts burned there. My father believed seriously that he would die if he quit smoking so finally had serious surgery and had to quit both drinking and smoking cold turkey. Everyday her would say how much he wanted a cigarette and I finally suggested knowing from experience one has to say how much it is killing me to smoke. I smoked 23 years and told myself all sorts of things I would at least need half that to burn a new thought process. They say 31 days to breask a habit I think but part of the evolution of our lives.
    I also did accupunture and had full Montey and turned out I had nerve disorders that probably made it as painful as it was.
    Now this year I have sworn off being around people who smoke feeling the affects of that. Now partner and I live on seperate floors cause she has to smoke and I have been around it all these years with my friends thinking little of my health. I just can't do it anymore so stay home since most of my friends smoke.
    Tara
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    24242 said:

Every Morning
    If you think about it we use all sorts of excuses and mine was keeps the weight off until I gained 70 lbs then couldn't use that anymore.
    Seriously this is embedded in our subconsciousness and we have to deprogram the thoughts burned there. My father believed seriously that he would die if he quit smoking so finally had serious surgery and had to quit both drinking and smoking cold turkey. Everyday her would say how much he wanted a cigarette and I finally suggested knowing from experience one has to say how much it is killing me to smoke. I smoked 23 years and told myself all sorts of things I would at least need half that to burn a new thought process. They say 31 days to breask a habit I think but part of the evolution of our lives.
    I also did accupunture and had full Montey and turned out I had nerve disorders that probably made it as painful as it was.
    Now this year I have sworn off being around people who smoke feeling the affects of that. Now partner and I live on seperate floors cause she has to smoke and I have been around it all these years with my friends thinking little of my health. I just can't do it anymore so stay home since most of my friends smoke.
    Tara

im still smoking
    im still smoking i cant seem to stop i have tried but i dont think i am ready.

teresa
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    teresa41 said:

im still smoking
    im still smoking i cant seem to stop i have tried but i dont think i am ready.

teresa

Hi Teresa........
    Honestly, until you are truly ready to quit, then you probably can't.
    It took me 40 years to be ready, and when I finally was ready, I did it. That is when you get the resolve to give them up for good.

I tried numerous times to quit and it never happened. When I had had enough though...it wasn't an incredibly difficult thing to do. I didn't greatly suffer!

Some may never get to the point where they are truly ready. Others will. If you do, you will know it and you will succeed. Arm yourself with every available "crutch" to help you and you will be fine.

Hugs,

CR
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    CR1954 said:

Hi Teresa........
    Honestly, until you are truly ready to quit, then you probably can't.
    It took me 40 years to be ready, and when I finally was ready, I did it. That is when you get the resolve to give them up for good.

I tried numerous times to quit and it never happened. When I had had enough though...it wasn't an incredibly difficult thing to do. I didn't greatly suffer!

Some may never get to the point where they are truly ready. Others will. If you do, you will know it and you will succeed. Arm yourself with every available "crutch" to help you and you will be fine.

Hugs,

CR

Cr is right. Until you are
    Cr is right. Until you are really ready to quit, it won't work. I hope that you do quit and will be praying that it will be easy for you. Good luck!