I am meeting the Radiation Oncologist today for the 1st time

SunnieC
SunnieC Member Posts: 37
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm not sure what to expect or what questions to even ask - any guidance would be appreciated...

Health and Happieness to all...
Sunnie

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Sunnie
    If you scroll down you should find a thread called Radiation Questions and Answers that will give you a lot of great information.

In my first meeting, the nurse went over most of what to expect. They talked about what lotions to use, what foods/supplements/medications to avoid, and what the process will be like as you go through your treatments.

You might want to ask the doc about taking vitamin B supplements. I had this recommended from another survivor, and I didn't get much fatigue at all through rads (which I just finished this Tuesday).

Good luck - I'm sure you'll do fine.

Cindy
  • SunnieC
    SunnieC Member Posts: 37

Sunnie
    If you scroll down you should find a thread called Radiation Questions and Answers that will give you a lot of great information.

In my first meeting, the nurse went over most of what to expect. They talked about what lotions to use, what foods/supplements/medications to avoid, and what the process will be like as you go through your treatments.

You might want to ask the doc about taking vitamin B supplements. I had this recommended from another survivor, and I didn't get much fatigue at all through rads (which I just finished this Tuesday).

Cindy

Thank you Cindy
    You are an inspiration - and your picture is fantastic!!!
    Sunnie
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Good luck, Sunnie
    I echo what Cindy said. Don't be afraid to whip out a notebook with questions in it and to write down what the doctor says and ask for clarification if you need to. The more you understand, the better equipped you'll be to deal with any issues down the road. I wish you a fruitful appointment.

Mimi
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Sunnie

Cindy

Wishing you good luck. And,
    Wishing you good luck. And, Cindy is right, look at the thread about radiation questions and answers. It will help you out I hope.