Healing Incisions

Options
njbaker
njbaker Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was wondering if anyone had a slow healing incision. When I had my expanders put in, one side healed up quickly while the other side took its time in one section and I always attributed that to getting weekly fills in that area. I had the expander exchange earlier this month and the same thing is happening again, one side healed and the other has a section that's red and bleeds every so often. There is no puss and I don't have a fever so I don't think it's infected. I called my PT and her nurse acted as if it was no big deal unless fever, puss or foul order was involved. Has this happened to anyone else or am I worrying over nothing?

Comments

• arbojenn
    arbojenn Member Posts: 118
    Options
    You need to have that
    You need to have that checked out by your surgeon. I have a sore from radiation that is slow to heal and just went to see my surgeon and she was concerned: she said she has seen recurrences present themselves as sores that won't heal. When I saw my PT for my annual, she thought bacteria might be preventing it from healing and gave me a cream. It is best to check with the SURGEON. Please let me know how it goes.
  • njbaker
    njbaker Member Posts: 9
    Options
    arbojenn said:

You need to have that
    You need to have that checked out by your surgeon. I have a sore from radiation that is slow to heal and just went to see my surgeon and she was concerned: she said she has seen recurrences present themselves as sores that won't heal. When I saw my PT for my annual, she thought bacteria might be preventing it from healing and gave me a cream. It is best to check with the SURGEON. Please let me know how it goes.

I will bring that up when I
    I will bring that up when I see my PS (I meant to say that originally instead of PT) in two weeks. I wonder what the average time for incisions to heal completely is and if they're on the side that nodes were taken out does it take longer - questions I will be sure to ask. The surgeon told me not to cut my cuticles, have blood drawn, etc. on my right side which happens to be the side in question. Today it's been exactly 3 weeks since my surgery. Thanks for the input.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    njbaker said:

I will bring that up when I
    I will bring that up when I see my PS (I meant to say that originally instead of PT) in two weeks. I wonder what the average time for incisions to heal completely is and if they're on the side that nodes were taken out does it take longer - questions I will be sure to ask. The surgeon told me not to cut my cuticles, have blood drawn, etc. on my right side which happens to be the side in question. Today it's been exactly 3 weeks since my surgery. Thanks for the input.

You might want to call or
    You might want to call or see your PS before the 2 weeks. It would maybe give you peace of mind. Good luck to you!