Clinic Visit Updates

Options
BonnieR
BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
God's morning to all!

Thought I should stop by and update you all on my clinic visits yesterday was... labs are low .. everything from immune system to platelets. My gyn/onc said if they keep dropping or don't start coming up he'll refer me to a hemotologist, going to recheck them next week, and then appt made to see him on May 12th with another recheck and hopefully start Avastin/Cytoxan to attack the cancer that is left.

He did say they removed about 1/2 of this particular area of tumor. I know part of the tumor is still on the bit of rectum I have left and also on pelvic and vaginal wall, but 1/2 of it gone is amazing. The report says angiolymphatic space invasion present ~ which didn't surprise us at all and we know still lesions on liver and such. Last time, in 2006, when on Avastin it did kill off a lot tumors so hoping it does once again.

My visit with the urologist shows there is still a blockage, he wanted me to stay in cities and have surgery this morning. But as you can see we didn't, Toby needed out and horses needed hay, plus its the 80th party for my mother in law Saturday. Just too much going on, so they rechecked my creatine .. said it is holding and scheduled me for Monday morning at 5:30am, but gave me a list of warning signs and said if I had even one to get down to ER at the U. I thought, well why didn't you fix it when I was in the hospital for 1/2 month .. so figure a few more days wouldn't hurt ~ or should i say praying it doesn't. Also hoping that going through the bladder works to put the stent in or else he said they well go through the back I know its laproscopic but have enough healing still going on in my body.

Whew ~ this got a bit long .. maybe my coffee is working overtime. Hugs ♥ Prayers Bonnie

Comments

• lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    ((((Bonnie))). The battle never ends.
    What a warrior you are! You are my hero, for sure, proof of how precious life is that we are willing to fight on and on. You don't even sound TIRED of it all in your posts; you sound battle-READY, even with your other surgery so recent. Your strength is awe-inspiring. I wonder if I have that relentless resolve within me and hope and pray that I do. Have a WONDERFUL celebration, and we all hold you in prayer on Monday. ((((hugs)))).
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    good luck
    thanks for the update. Best wishes and always in my thoughts.
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    Smiling
    Bonnie,

I read this, smiling and knowing that the Holy Spirit resides inside of you.

Love you,
    Libby
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Dear sweet Bonnie
    Bonnie you are one amazing lady. To be actively fighting this beast, visits in and out of hospital. You are an inspiration to us all. I wish you all of the very best and keep thinking "one day" they will stop this beast and you will be cancer free.

Love and best wishes Tina xxxx
  • hockeygolf7
    hockeygolf7 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    An inspiration to all!!!!!!
    You are one heck of a trooper. You sound so positive and upbeat. I will have you always in my thoughts and prayers. You are an inspiration.