I pull started the mower!

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today was the first time my yard needed mowing since before surgery (right mod. Rad. mastectomy and I'm right handed). I've never been able to pull start mower without Hubby or Son starting it first - then I could restart it if I stop it. I restarted it today with no problem several times! YEAH ME!

Comments

• Flakey_Flake
    Flakey_Flake Member Posts: 130
    Congrats!
    Way to Go Rague! Like you, I can't start my mower either. Sure hope you didn't end up straining anything. Isns't it the little things that count?
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member

Congrats!
    Way to Go Rague! Like you, I can't start my mower either. Sure hope you didn't end up straining anything. Isns't it the little things that count?

Good for you! I was always
    Good for you! I was always able to start mine until last summer and surgery. I didn't even try this year cuz I know my arm isn't strong enough yet. I have a neighborhood teenager mowing my lawn again this year.
  • Rague
    Sher43009 said:

Good for you! I was always able to start mine until last summer and surgery. I didn't even try this year cuz I know my arm isn't strong enough yet. I have a neighborhood teenager mowing my lawn again this year.

I'm a nut case -
    I'm a nut case I know but nobody mows my yard but me (LOL)! I love to mow. IF I had to, I would have someone sit there to start/restart it for me - well I do have to wait til Hubby is home to get it started the first time but that's how it has always been. I didn't have surgery til Oct 21, 09 so our grass had long since quite growing so no problem last year.
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Rague said:

I'm a nut case -
    I'm a nut case I know but nobody mows my yard but me (LOL)! I love to mow. IF I had to, I would have someone sit there to start/restart it for me - well I do have to wait til Hubby is home to get it started the first time but that's how it has always been. I didn't have surgery til Oct 21, 09 so our grass had long since quite growing so no problem last year.

LOL! Well done!
    I just get

LOL! Well done!

I just get my hubby to do it but he wouldnt let me mow anyway.You see, our garden is HUGE and we have a sit-on lawn mower! Its my hubs pride and joy.He rides around oon it like he's king of the flippin' castle! =D

I've only been onit twice and i he 'told me off' for just whizzing round the garden having a ride! The grass looked a right mess afterwards as i didnt go up and down in lines like he does,i was more interested in seeing how fast i could corner it!!!!!
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    m-star said:

LOL! Well done!
    I just get

LOL! Well done!

I just get my hubby to do it but he wouldnt let me mow anyway.You see, our garden is HUGE and we have a sit-on lawn mower! Its my hubs pride and joy.He rides around oon it like he's king of the flippin' castle! =D

I've only been onit twice and i he 'told me off' for just whizzing round the garden having a ride! The grass looked a right mess afterwards as i didnt go up and down in lines like he does,i was more interested in seeing how fast i could corner it!!!!!

small thing become so wonderful now...
    I am so proud of you!!! I think everyone knows just how you feel. That special feeling of accomplishment that lets us know we're BACK!!!! sometimes better than ever!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Congrats!

WTG Rague! I never could do
    WTG Rague! I never could do that. Just take it easy though!

Sue :)
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    m-star said:

LOL! Well done!
    I just get

LOL! Well done!

Very Impressed
    Wow, Rague, I couldn't do that BEFORE my mastectomy. Good for you!

Thanks for the laugh, M-Star. Fun to imagine you whizzing around a big yard, cutting those corners. (Kinda sounds like fun.)
  • Moopy23
    m-star said:

LOL! Well done!
    I just get

LOL! Well done!

Very Impressed

Thanks for the laugh, M-Star. Fun to imagine you whizzing around a big yard, cutting those corners. (Kinda sounds like fun.)
  • Moopy23
    m-star said:

LOL! Well done!
    I just get

LOL! Well done!

Very Impressed

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Ritzy said:

WTG Rague! I never could do
    WTG Rague! I never could do that. Just take it easy though!

Sue :)

I though I was the only one
    Hmmm... I thought I was the only whacko who LOVES to mow the lawn. I do the yard work and my husband does the cooking. My youngest son, 30, thinks it's weird. Hey, we're happy.

Happy Mowing,

Victoria
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Rague said:

I'm a nut case -

Well, I am a mowing whacko
    Well, I am a mowing whacko too. I love to mow! Great way to get a tan! LOL
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Sher43009 said:

I am impressed Rague! You
    I am impressed Rague! You are women, hear you roar! LOL You go girl!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Yay
    Rague! You are getting stronger!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Awesome!
    I don't mow our lawn, but I used to do mine when I live alone and always had a tough time starting it, and that was obviously BC and when I was at least 5 years younger.

I'm impressed with how many of my pink sisters are into mowing!

Talk about Girl Power!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Awesome!
    I don't mow our lawn, but I used to do mine when I live alone and always had a tough time starting it, and that was obviously BC and when I was at least 5 years younger.

I'm impressed with how many of my pink sisters are into mowing!

Talk about Girl Power!

Very impressive
    This is way to go! Still be careful and gentle to yourself.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    aisling8 said:

I though I was the only one
    Hmmm... I thought I was the only whacko who LOVES to mow the lawn. I do the yard work and my husband does the cooking. My youngest son, 30, thinks it's weird. Hey, we're happy.

Happy Mowing,

Victoria

I am impressed! Good for
    I am impressed! Good for you Rague!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congrats on getting some
    Congrats on getting some normalcy back in your life. You go girl!!
  • Rague
    No 'soreness"
    Forgot to post - the next morning I wasn't the least bit sore at all. Need to mow again - during the spring, I mow every other day often. Hopefully it won't be too windy tomorrow - we're under a High Wind Warning today with gusts to 60 mph so not a good day to be out if not necessary.

I've always loved to mow - the summer I turned 16 I made enough mowing in/around our neighborhood to buy the first horse I bought myself. (Not my first horse but the first one 'me, myself and I' paid for.) Hubby hates to mow so it works out, he likes to "weed eat" so he does that while I mow. Can't let him do any weeding though as he will wind up pulling the flowers/veggies and leaving the weeds.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Rague said:

No 'soreness"
    Forgot to post - the next morning I wasn't the least bit sore at all. Need to mow again - during the spring, I mow every other day often. Hopefully it won't be too windy tomorrow - we're under a High Wind Warning today with gusts to 60 mph so not a good day to be out if not necessary.

I've always loved to mow - the summer I turned 16 I made enough mowing in/around our neighborhood to buy the first horse I bought myself. (Not my first horse but the first one 'me, myself and I' paid for.) Hubby hates to mow so it works out, he likes to "weed eat" so he does that while I mow. Can't let him do any weeding though as he will wind up pulling the flowers/veggies and leaving the weeds.

Not even sore? Wow, you
    Not even sore? Wow, you must be in great shape Rague! So happy for you! I just love being outside too, mowing or just anything.