Glee

Options
Hubby
Hubby Member Posts: 325
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So far my stress/mood/depression/ups and downs have been mostly triggered by my wife's state of mind; trying to keep her from sinking in the emotional quick sand of the C-word; cancer. But last night's Glee episode which focused on a widowed mother and father of two of the kids getting together, and featuring the song "Home" from The Wiz (which I associate with a video we made for my parents 50th anniversary; which was right after we learned my mother had lung cancer)hit me hard as we:my wife,two kids and I watched as a family. I am thinking that it may be the reason my wife's blues were so bad today.

Anyway; I called the first surgeon's office (the one we didn't use)to get the results of the BRCA screening (we didn't wait for the results before she had the surgery): NEGATIVE!! A little "Glee" to brighten up my wife's sad day.

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Negative is a wonderful word
    Negative is a wonderful word in the C world. Hope this made her day and yours.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    "Glee" and real glee!
    Congratulations on your wife's good BRCA-negative news!

I watched last night's "Glee" online this afternoon, and I was really glad I didn't try to watch it last night before I went to bed -- an excellent episode, but I also found it so, so sad, and had trouble shaking it off all the rest of the day.

Traci
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Great!
    A negative BRCA is great news - you have to celebrate every bit of good news that comes along!! I don't know if you guys are like my husband and I, but after the diagnosis, we became acurely aware of every time the C word came up whether in the newspaper or on a TV show. We get a little "lift" when we hear a good news story (like the contestants on American Idol who beat it) and kind of cringe when you hear a bad news story (even in the context of a fictional program). I don't know if there is a way that you can get around being a little hypersensitive when you are fighting this battle - we just look for any opportunity to make a joke or laugh which I think is a little easier now that we are part way down the road.

Congrats on the good news!

Chris