Good News

Options
azgrandma
azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Saw dr yesterday, blood has finally came up, get chemo next week, instead of going every 3 weeks will go once a week for 6 weeks, smaller does. He said they reaction i had with my blood does not happen very often and the smaller does should make it not happen agan.

He also siad he is 95 percent positive if he were to give me a pet scan today, it would show i was cancer free.

My nu,bers came down after 3rd treamtent and stastiscs show if it drops that much after 3 chemno, you usually beat it

also told me that muscle spasms are cause dfrom chemo and the neulasta dn neupagen shots

Comments

• leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you got good
    I'm so glad you got good news! Just curious, how much did your CA125 drop? Was it the final number that is statistically significant or the overall drop from the starting number to this one?

Leesa
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    This is just fantastic news;
    This is just fantastic news; I am so glad things are getting better.

Sometimes I think our bodies just need time to adjust to these strong medicines .

Will continue to keep the prayers going! ! !

Sharon
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options

This is just fantastic news;
    This is just fantastic news; I am so glad things are getting better.

Sometimes I think our bodies just need time to adjust to these strong medicines .

Will continue to keep the prayers going! ! !

Sharon

numbers
    mine went from 570 to 10 in 3 treatments
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    wonderful
    That is somewhat what my doctor did for me, but not every six weeks. Went from every two to every 3-4 with less dose.

I too have muscle spasms and that is from chemo and my shots. I go to a therapist for that. She works on my back 3-4 days after shots and it has improved very much.

My CA125 was 178 AFTER surgery and 27 after 3rd treatment. She never did say anything about the drop in three treatments. After fourth was 10.

Thanks for sharing your good news.

Living for Eternity,
    Libby
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    So happy for you!!! Hopefully you can get a break from all your misery soon!!
    Take care
    kathleen
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Praise the Lord!
    I am soooo happy to read your good news!! Hugs Bonnie
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Options
    BonnieR said:

Praise the Lord!
    I am soooo happy to read your good news!! Hugs Bonnie

Sometimes we get good news when we most need it!
    I'm so happy for you!
  • hockeygolf7
    hockeygolf7 Member Posts: 52
    Options
    So so happy for you. It
    So so happy for you. It always feels like a numbers game, but I guess that is the nature of the beast so to speak. Just really happy to hear your good news. Hope to have some myself next week.
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Good news
    Hiya I am so pleased for you. This news is the best you could've possibly asked for. Keep up the fight
    Tina xx