Just read article about 45 year old, ten-year stage 4 CRC survivor biking across US from westcoast..

Options
coloCan
coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
to raise money and awareness. He;s currently half way thru Texas (Brenham)with goal of reaching Augusta, Florida by mid-May. His name is Todd Colitti. As reported in The Republican American newspaper, of Waterbury, Conn where Mr Colitti is a Fire Lieutenant.....Started a little over a month ago, says the article. No mention of what his Tx was but damn, biking cross country!!!!!!Totally healthy people can;t do that.....Inspirational to say the least....

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Thanks Steve,
    I find this

Thanks Steve,

I find this kind of story totally inspiring, especially after a tough chemo day yesterday.
  • coloCan
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Thanks Steve,
    I find this

Thanks Steve,

I find this kind of story totally inspiring, especially after a tough chemo day yesterday.

Just found out article orignally published last Friday so....
    by now he should be beyond Texas. I'll google this to see if any updates anywhere. Its still amazing what he;s doing (also for Crohn's disease, colitis , ostomies as well as CRC)...steve
  • coloCan
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Thanks Steve,
    I find this

Thanks Steve,

Yeah, quite a bit on him on google
    plus his own site, etc. By now in Louisiana
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Biking
    A buddy of mine did that when we were in our mid-late 20's. He has a bottle of Pacific Ocean water with sand and an Atlantic Ocean bottle of water and sand in his house. It took him 36 days but he wan't racing. I rode from NJ to Lake Placid NY with him and also NJ to Ithaca NY. It was great. About 600-700 round trip. Personal best was 136 miles in one day with a fully loaded bike.

I know I couldn't do that now, cancer or no cancer...
    Maybe I could kayak cross country!
    ;-)
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    We can all learn a good lesson from him
    I try to maintain a good attitude. This man has more then a fantastic attitude. We can all learn a good lesson from him. Wow. Talk about setting goals.
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Todd is a friend of mine on
    Todd is a friend of mine on Facebook and he checks in several times a day. You can add him and watch his journey. He also is one of the 'officers' on www.colonclub.com

Todd had surgery and 5FU. Here's a link to his Cycling info
    Todd HERE
  • coloCan
    Options

Todd is a friend of mine on Facebook and he checks in several times a day. You can add him and watch his journey. He also is one of the 'officers' on www.colonclub.com

Todd HERE

Thanks Diane, for the link
    He's amazing!!!!!!
  • 66Rose
    66Rose Member Posts: 58
    Options

Todd HERE

Just to Add......
    Todd is a very good friend of mine too and he stayed with me while passing through in Arizona in March. Do to some unfortunate events the marketing of this ride fell short, but he is doing this nonetheless! And he was doing this with someone from "Get your Guts in Gear" but he had to drop, so Todd is now alone on the road with his Dad as his roadie now.

Some more about Todd:

He is a Board Member for the Colon Club as I am too.
    He is Mr November 2009 from the Colondar

Here is their website: http://www.wegotguts.com/

And for the remainder of their trip if any of you can help promote this incredible ride please do help!!! He is out there for ALL OF US! And on FaceBook be sure to look for his tribute to Shawn Felty on April 23, 2010, he was a 2010 Model for the Colondar that passed away this past year.

He needs all of our support in these last weeks of his long journey, at the very least drop him a line of encouragement!

Liz Dennis
    Stage III Rectal CA - May 2006 DX
    Board Member of The Colon Club