relationship ending

Options
2»

Comments

• pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    HI Lizzie, I just wanted to
    HI Lizzie, I just wanted to let you know that one month ago I separated from my husband, we were together for 13 years. I got my own apartment, I'm eight months into my battle with BC and he decided to go after his two ex's and ran from me and my cancer so I left. I have NEVER been so happy, I can now focus on me and take care of just my kids (he has three, I have two). Life is good, I'm happy and I'm doing great. When we get diagnosed, we become warriors and there's nothing we can't overcome! Seems your positive outlook shows you too will be ok! There's men out there that jump in with both feet and stand by their woman no matter what (they are so admirable) then there's the ones who run from us, either way we are going to be ok.
    God Bless,
    ~Kari
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

HI Lizzie, I just wanted to
    HI Lizzie, I just wanted to let you know that one month ago I separated from my husband, we were together for 13 years. I got my own apartment, I'm eight months into my battle with BC and he decided to go after his two ex's and ran from me and my cancer so I left. I have NEVER been so happy, I can now focus on me and take care of just my kids (he has three, I have two). Life is good, I'm happy and I'm doing great. When we get diagnosed, we become warriors and there's nothing we can't overcome! Seems your positive outlook shows you too will be ok! There's men out there that jump in with both feet and stand by their woman no matter what (they are so admirable) then there's the ones who run from us, either way we are going to be ok.
    God Bless,
    ~Kari

It is great to see how happy
    It is great to see how happy you are now Kari, and, how well you are doing!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

I'm sorry that you your
    I'm sorry that you your relationship is ending. Just know that you will survive the breakup and you will survive bc! You are a warrior!

So sorry Calleen about your relationship too. Never let anyone break your spirit!

And, can I rent Jeanne D's hubby out? LOL

Sue :)

:(
    I am so sorry that this has happened to you at a time when you need your husband the most. But, look at it this way, you are fighting the hardest battle with bc and winning. So, you will come out a winner, even if it is without your current husband!

Kristin ♥
  • Eric65
    Eric65 Member Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Angie2U said:

It is great to see how happy
    It is great to see how happy you are now Kari, and, how well you are doing!

Not strictly a female issue
    Ladies,
    I'm sorry to read about your domestic problems on top of the even worst health issues but rest assured that it does not only happen to you all. It happens to us guys also, we get dumped too. May God bless us all!
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options

It's all about you now...
    I'm so sorry...I know it sucks. But consider your load lighter...one less thing/person to worry about once all is said and done. No more worrying or wondering if you are pleasing him...focus only on yourself and those who know and love you best. You may like your new time and space! And I hope you do!

XXOO,
    JoJo

thanks to everyone for your support and replies!
    I am still hanging in there, and surprisingly it isn't difficult like I thought it would be. He has been over a few times to take care of things around the house, and I realize that I just don't miss his complaining or negativity. And since there is no one obsessing about my weight, I have actually lost a few pounds!!

Warriors we are!
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Lizzie, I just left my
    Lizzie, I just left my husband a month and a half ago after 13 years. He decided to "proposition" his ex's while I was in need of him most. I thought at first "I can't leave, how can I do this breast cancer by myself" then I realized, YES I CAN, I have a beautiful supporting daughter, a wonderful son, and many friends/co-workers. I have moved into my own apartment with my son (16) my daughter is almost 21 and out on her own. It has been the best thing I have ever done!! With my faith in God, I knew I was going to be ok, and I am, and so will you! Hang in there sweetheart!! We do what we need to do to get through and you too will get through. I just took my dance with NED last week and what a joy :)
    God Bless,
    Kari
  • Sharon_D
    Sharon_D Member Posts: 55
    Options

Lizzie, I just left my
    Lizzie, I just left my husband a month and a half ago after 13 years. He decided to "proposition" his ex's while I was in need of him most. I thought at first "I can't leave, how can I do this breast cancer by myself" then I realized, YES I CAN, I have a beautiful supporting daughter, a wonderful son, and many friends/co-workers. I have moved into my own apartment with my son (16) my daughter is almost 21 and out on her own. It has been the best thing I have ever done!! With my faith in God, I knew I was going to be ok, and I am, and so will you! Hang in there sweetheart!! We do what we need to do to get through and you too will get through. I just took my dance with NED last week and what a joy :)
    God Bless,
    Kari

In my humble opinion
    Any "man" or "woman" who would bail on someone they are supposed to love when they are down is no man OR woman. That's kicking a person when they are down and it is not acceptable behavior. You're better off without him if he has no more class than that.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Calleen said:

Me too
    When I was dx my BF of 3 years compromissed our relationship.. His excuse?? He just could'nt stand the thought of losing me after losing his Dad.. THEN stupid me forgave him THEN.... when I changed my mind about getting nipples put on he stUck around for about a month then said "I feel empty inside" He broke my heart but not my spirit! So Dear Sister in Pink I can say you will be just fine and will learn how enjoyable it is to not have the burden of worrying how he feels. When a Man Loves you he acts like JeanneD's husband.. He suprised her today with a romatic picnic!!

CALLEEN

♥ Calleen ♥
    I thought I thanked you for the sweet compliment about my husband. But, maybe I didn't. So, thank you sweet Calleen. I know how blessed I am to be married to my wonderful David and still feel like a newlywed each and everyday! And, we celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary in March. But, it only seems like yesterday. He truly is the BEST in everyway!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    lizzie17 said:

thanks to everyone for your support and replies!
    I am still hanging in there, and surprisingly it isn't difficult like I thought it would be. He has been over a few times to take care of things around the house, and I realize that I just don't miss his complaining or negativity. And since there is no one obsessing about my weight, I have actually lost a few pounds!!

Warriors we are!

Congrats on losing the
    Congrats on losing the weight. Maybe a separation, at the least, is what both of you need. Take care of yourself first!