First Chemoversary - Class of Winter 2009

Options
Moopy23
Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today, April 27, 2010, is the first anniversary of my sixth and last round of TAC.

I want to celebrate this chemoversary with each of my sisters on this board and, especially, my "classmates" from the Class of Winter 2009: Jackie, Mimi, Nancy, and all the others who don't stop by that often any more but who will always have a special place in my heart. Thanks to every one of you for all of the loving support you have given me since my very first post here. You literally saved my life, on a regular basis.

To all of my sisters (and BC brothers too) who haven't yet made it this far I want to say that regardless of where you are in your fight against the beast, you WILL prevail. The Class of Winter 2009 will be there to hold flashlights for you and cheer your victories, just as the sisters held flashlights for us and cheered for us this time last year. Individually we are strong, but together as the CSN Community, we are UNBEATABLE.

Love,
Moopy

Comments

• pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Awesome post!!!
    Awesome post!!! Congratulations to you! I hope you find some way to celebrate big! Pitt
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Hi Moopy!
    I can't believe it's been a YEAR since we've finished chemo. Oh my gosh. Last year around this time, I was in Rincon, Puerto Rico celebrating the end of chemo. I never did post my pictures of that did I? Moopy, I hope you are doing great. I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but I think about you and our friends often. I also think about all the ladies going through this now and coming here for support. I try to encourage whenever I can, just like I was encouraged here. Thanks for the inspiring post. It is so nice seeing your name.

Mimi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I feel so much better now,
    I feel so much better now, Moopy! I thought I was losing my mind...I was hearing strains of Pomp and Circumstance and I wondered why! LOL Who knew you and NED would be dancing to that????

Your post was lovely, just like you!

Hugs to you and your Aortus~ you are the UNBEATABLE couple~ the absolute poster children for love, committment and perserverance...bless you both!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I feel so much better now,
    I feel so much better now, Moopy! I thought I was losing my mind...I was hearing strains of Pomp and Circumstance and I wondered why! LOL Who knew you and NED would be dancing to that????

Your post was lovely, just like you!

Hugs to you and your Aortus~ you are the UNBEATABLE couple~ the absolute poster children for love, committment and perserverance...bless you both!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Moopy,
    One year, what a

Moopy,
    One year, what a milestone. You and Aortus are so awesome and I agree with all the comments from our other gals here. You have always touched my heart and I am so glad that all is well.
    Stef
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Yea for Moopy. I actually
    Yea for Moopy. I actually wrote down the last date of chemo but then forget it. I don't celebrate. All that treatment time is overwritten by events that came later. It's like a hard drive that I've erased and wrote over. And I'm still writing over it. May you remember all the good from treatment and erase the rest!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    you've come a long way baby!
    that should be a jingle for something...haha
    Celebrate any and every day that you can "after cancer", and never stop. So glad you can hit these milestones and know that you came out of it smiling.
    I am not one of your anniversary buddies, but will celebrate every date that every sister here can enjoy.
    So glad for you Moops!
    Cat
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Great picture - 'one-derful' anniversay.
    You held the flashlight for me.

Thank you,

Sue
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Great picture - 'one-derful' anniversay.
    You held the flashlight for me.

Thank you,

Sue

Great milestone
    Moopy,
    Congratulations!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

Great milestone
    Moopy,
    Congratulations!

wonderful
    Moopy-my friend,
    Loved your post. You and others have helped me through my journey and still do. Have a great time celebrating.

Love,
    Margo
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Moopy.........
    Love ya!

CR
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Moopy.........
    Love ya!

CR

congratualtions Moopy, you
    congratualtions Moopy, you and Aortus have been an inspiration! wishing you 100 more cancerversaries!!!!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

congratualtions Moopy, you
    congratualtions Moopy, you and Aortus have been an inspiration! wishing you 100 more cancerversaries!!!!

Nice picture, Well I thank
    Nice picture, Well I thank you class of winter 2009 for helping me through Summer 2009. Could not have done it with out you. Moopy I am so happy for you and you are looking wonderful and happy.
    Kathy
  • Moopy23
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Nice picture, Well I thank
    Nice picture, Well I thank you class of winter 2009 for helping me through Summer 2009. Could not have done it with out you. Moopy I am so happy for you and you are looking wonderful and happy.
    Kathy

Buddies
    Thank you, friends and sisters, buddies all. The birds are chirping just outside my door, and the sun is shining. I am wishing us all a beautiful Spring 2010, and many more in the years ahead.
  • Moopy23
    Options
    mimivac said:

Hi Moopy!
    I can't believe it's been a YEAR since we've finished chemo. Oh my gosh. Last year around this time, I was in Rincon, Puerto Rico celebrating the end of chemo. I never did post my pictures of that did I? Moopy, I hope you are doing great. I don't post nearly as much as I used to, but I think about you and our friends often. I also think about all the ladies going through this now and coming here for support. I try to encourage whenever I can, just like I was encouraged here. Thanks for the inspiring post. It is so nice seeing your name.

Mimi

Mimi, Not Fair!
    My hair, underneath the cap, sticks up like Alfalfa's, yet there you are, as lovely in your short 'do as in your high school graduation photo. Even more so, I believe. (And nope, you never posted those PR photos, just the one of you in your plush robe,overlooking the sea. I can still remember your excitement about that trip. Maybe time for another somewhere--seeing as how it has been a year...)

My best always,
    Moopy