Final Rad TOMORROW!!

Options
ReturntoCamelot
ReturntoCamelot Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I almost break down in tears every time I think that tomorrow is the last one. It will be sooo nice to not have to get in my car and go anywhere!! I am soooo itchy from the severe burns and it is great that they are finally healing during this boost stage. I don't know what I do after this... if anyone can tell me what they are going to ask of me?? I had a lumpec/nodes all clear/30 radiation/no chemo. Do I do another mammo? I hope not til I heal... I swear if they squish my boobie I am gonna go off!! LOL
Friday was my bday... I just wish I could have been done, but I will take this as a late bday present. :)
Jennifer

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing rads!
    Congrats on finishing rads! That is a huge accomplishment. Keep using any creams that you are using for a few weeks because you are still "cooking". Your oncologist and rads oncologist will let you know what you will do next. They won't do a mammo or ultrasound on you until you are healed up, so, don't worry about that. Just talk to your doctors and put your mind at ease. And, Happy Birthday to you too!

Sue :)
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Jennifer!
    My last one was this morning, too - so we graduate together!

I was fortunate not to get burned too badly. A few hot spots, but no blistering, at least so far. My doc just wanted to follow up in a few weeks and then we'll schedule a mammogram from there, so I should be well healed by the time they want to squish me again.

I hope you get to celebrate your birthday in style - Better late than never!

BIG HUGS,
    Cindy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Congratulations Jennifer!
    My last one was this morning, too - so we graduate together!

I was fortunate not to get burned too badly. A few hot spots, but no blistering, at least so far. My doc just wanted to follow up in a few weeks and then we'll schedule a mammogram from there, so I should be well healed by the time they want to squish me again.

I hope you get to celebrate your birthday in style - Better late than never!

BIG HUGS,
    Cindy

congrats and heal quick!!!!!

congrats and heal quick!!!!!
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Options
    Your done now...so congrats
    Your done now...so congrats on finishing your rads! Know what you mean about the itching and burned boob, at the end mine was pretty intense.

I can update you on the followup (just had mine!)...i also had a lumpectomy and they did a mammo. I was pretty darn tender still. Seems my breast just kind of stays that way. Surgeon said he thinks it's from the rads....will see the rad onc on Thurs and he'll probably tell me it's from the lumpectomy. Bottom line is that apparently breast can stay tender for a while, but others may tell you they didn't have too much discomfort. I took some motrin about 1 or 2 hours before. Frankly, i think the anxiety of that first followup mammo makes things worse.

Congrats again...soon you'll be needing your dancing shoes too!!! Blessings...
    Julie
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    jbug said:

Your done now...so congrats on finishing your rads! Know what you mean about the itching and burned boob, at the end mine was pretty intense.

I can update you on the followup (just had mine!)...i also had a lumpectomy and they did a mammo. I was pretty darn tender still. Seems my breast just kind of stays that way. Surgeon said he thinks it's from the rads....will see the rad onc on Thurs and he'll probably tell me it's from the lumpectomy. Bottom line is that apparently breast can stay tender for a while, but others may tell you they didn't have too much discomfort. I took some motrin about 1 or 2 hours before. Frankly, i think the anxiety of that first followup mammo makes things worse.

Julie

RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!
    I finish my overload tomorrow and then start the focused rads (on my scar area)for 5 more treatments. I'm pretty darn burned and already blistered and pealed, so I can't wait for tomorrow to be done and over with so I can start the healing process. My scar area is not even slightly red, plus it's numb, so I'm not worried about that part. What are you all using to help you heal? Let me know if it's working well, please.
  • ReturntoCamelot
    ReturntoCamelot Member Posts: 11
    Options
    Mama G said:

RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!
    I finish my overload tomorrow and then start the focused rads (on my scar area)for 5 more treatments. I'm pretty darn burned and already blistered and pealed, so I can't wait for tomorrow to be done and over with so I can start the healing process. My scar area is not even slightly red, plus it's numb, so I'm not worried about that part. What are you all using to help you heal? Let me know if it's working well, please.

I got my angel. I didnt
    I got my angel. I didnt meet with the dr but I have to go back next month. I'm just glad it is over!! Mama G.. I am using EMU oil. It has been a miracle for me. It didn't/doesn't burn and the healing began overnight! You will be done b4 you know it!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

I got my angel. I didnt
    I got my angel. I didnt meet with the dr but I have to go back next month. I'm just glad it is over!! Mama G.. I am using EMU oil. It has been a miracle for me. It didn't/doesn't burn and the healing began overnight! You will be done b4 you know it!

Congrats to you! And, keep
    Congrats to you! And, keep using the creams for a few weeks.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    jbug said:

Julie

Congratulations on being
    Congratulations on being done with rads! You will heal quickly now that you are done.

Hugs, Debby
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Congratulations on being
    Congratulations on being done with rads! You will heal quickly now that you are done.

Hugs, Debby

Congratulations!

Kristin ♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    jbug said:

Julie

The final rad!
    The final rad! Congrats!

Hugs, Diane
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

The final rad!
    The final rad! Congrats!

Hugs, Diane

Congratulations!
    Congratulations!
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Congratulations!
    Congratulations!

CONGRATS!!! I'm starting
    CONGRATS!!! I'm starting rads tomorrow and hope I am as brave as everyone here. I do have a lot to be grateful for as I'm done with chemo. So happy for you.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    GayleMc said:

CONGRATS!!! I'm starting
    CONGRATS!!! I'm starting rads tomorrow and hope I am as brave as everyone here. I do have a lot to be grateful for as I'm done with chemo. So happy for you.

Let us know how you're doing, please!
    I'm going to ask the Dr about EMU oil. This stuff I'm using is not working quick enough for me. hahaha (Ms. Impatient!!!)