Hi everyone, long time..no see, PITT, LAURISSA, CAT64?? My girls I went thru chemo with??

Options
Sam726
Sam726 Member Posts: 233
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just dropping in to say hello...been a month since I finished rads and life is good. I am busy as usual with my sons sports, my work and my motorcycle! Its a slow process but getting back to "normal" life feels great!! I almost forgot what its like to live without thinking about cancer all the dang time. I did get my port removed about 6 weeks ago and IM glad I did, even though I have 6 more Herceptin Treatments...I hope everyone is doing well...I am sorry I havent posted a whole lot. Just been living it up....and lovin every minute of it! Oh yea....just took this pic a few days ago..hair is thick and comin in fast:)
Miss ya girls...How is everyone?

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Both Pitt and Laurissa
    Both Pitt and Laurissa posted this week! Pitt posted "My daughter wrote a poem" and Laurissa about coloring her hair~ I know you will be able to find them both! I think that cat64 can be found more often than not on FB, but I could be wrong about that! LOL It wouldn't be the first time I get something wrong, nor the last!

You look BEAUTIFUL! I know you are happy to have hair growing and getting back to not just the life you enjoyed before cancer with all of its fun/excitement, but especially the much coveted Life After Cancer! You go girl! Whoooo hooooo! You soo deserve that full life, as do all of the Kindred Spirits here on the boards!

Hugs,
    Chen
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Hi and welcome back! I love
    Hi and welcome back! I love your hair!!! I know what you mean about focusing on life! I too have been healing and getting back to my life these last few weeks. We've added the girls' activities to our afternoon schedule again and I'm getting out and about...feeling like my old self more each day. For me the best part is that I'm exercising again - only 30% of my old routine, but still it's something!!! For me the biggest challenge right now is memory loss. My god do I have "chemo brain!" I hope that gets better soon. I'm tired of feeling like a big dummy! Take care, Pitt
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    pitt said:

Hi and welcome back! I love
    Hi and welcome back! I love your hair!!! I know what you mean about focusing on life! I too have been healing and getting back to my life these last few weeks. We've added the girls' activities to our afternoon schedule again and I'm getting out and about...feeling like my old self more each day. For me the best part is that I'm exercising again - only 30% of my old routine, but still it's something!!! For me the biggest challenge right now is memory loss. My god do I have "chemo brain!" I hope that gets better soon. I'm tired of feeling like a big dummy! Take care, Pitt

Hi everyone
    Good to hear from you too Chenheart! I need to find Cat on facebook..do you know her name or email so I can look up? Of course, I forgot it..lol, IMAGINE THAT?? Can you PM it to me?
    Hi Pitt..you look great! Im so glad to see you girls are doing well. Dont feel bad, my memory loss is bad too..its funny but I can blame just plain stupidity on it everyonce in a while when I do something stupid or goofy, lol...I too have returned to gym, full force...need to lose those chemo pounds for sure.
    Stay strong girls...miss ya!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Sam726 said:

Hi everyone
    Good to hear from you too Chenheart! I need to find Cat on facebook..do you know her name or email so I can look up? Of course, I forgot it..lol, IMAGINE THAT?? Can you PM it to me?
    Hi Pitt..you look great! Im so glad to see you girls are doing well. Dont feel bad, my memory loss is bad too..its funny but I can blame just plain stupidity on it everyonce in a while when I do something stupid or goofy, lol...I too have returned to gym, full force...need to lose those chemo pounds for sure.
    Stay strong girls...miss ya!

Sam I'm so happy to hear how
    Sam I'm so happy to hear how well you are doing. My memory is also not so good, and although it seems to be effecting many of us I'm feeling encouraged that the memory will get better. Enjoy and good luck loosing those chemo pounds.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Sam
    You're lookin good! It's nice to feel hair on the head doesn't it? Mine is "light auburn" now, for awhile anyway. I'm half done with rads, starting to get pink and tired. I might go wigless tomorrow at work and I know all eyes will be gawking, hate that feeling. I'm happy you're doing well. Also, I'm trying to lose some excess poundage, lost 10 gained 5. But at least I'm thinking about doing it! Right now I'm making brownies. Ha Ha. Keep posting and keep living it up. I'd love to be portless too.
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Sam
    You're lookin good! It's nice to feel hair on the head doesn't it? Mine is "light auburn" now, for awhile anyway. I'm half done with rads, starting to get pink and tired. I might go wigless tomorrow at work and I know all eyes will be gawking, hate that feeling. I'm happy you're doing well. Also, I'm trying to lose some excess poundage, lost 10 gained 5. But at least I'm thinking about doing it! Right now I'm making brownies. Ha Ha. Keep posting and keep living it up. I'd love to be portless too.

I was just thinking about
    I was just thinking about you yesterday. Your picture is lovely, so is your hair curly. my hair was curly at first, but now it is straightening out. I am happy to hear that you are doing so well, i still check the boards to see how everyone is doing. Have a wonderful summer. Take care.