Libby

Options
nancy591
nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
How are you? I saw your recent post. Wondering what is happening with your treatment.

Nancy

Comments

• LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    HI!
    Nancy,

Thanks for asking. I am doing great for the shape I am in ☺ Praise the Lord! Just tired.

I had chemo last Monday, got sick on Carboplatin this time. Guess my body is just not liking this chemo 2nd time around. Bone marrow does not respond well to Neumega shot for my platelets either, but bone marrow does well with Neulasta (goes down before I can get chemo and then have to take daily Neupagen).

Monday, May 3rd I go to OSU Onc/Gyn Center in Columbus (part of James Cancer Center) for a second opinion. My onc/gyn believes I may have "more time" if I go to a center and see what they have to say about my bone marrow, etc. Then in two weeks I have my CT scans and chest xrays and should have my CA125 and other blood work done by then.

Chemo treatment either May 14 or 17. She took me off every 2 weeks since my platelets are never ready and put me on 3 weeks. I am not going 3 weeks this time because I have too much planned that week!! ☺

Enjoying everyday, continuing to lose weight, good appetite though. Not underweight, just less than everyone has been use to seeing me. Lot of muscle loss - got to start pumping those weights and working out again!! Amazing what happens - guess when you don't use it you really do lose it!

Chemo was to be done with this last one (14th). Since I have been off schedule so much my doctor thinks I need more. Prayfully my tests will show progress and I can take a break.

Not in my hands but His. Again, thanks for asking. I had more to say than I thought!

Living for Eternity,
    Libby
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    Hi Libby,
    Will continue to

Hi Libby,

Will continue to keep you in my prayers to get better and stronger.

Hopefully everything will turn around for the better soon.

Take care,

Sharon
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    LPack said:

HI!
    Nancy,

Thanks for asking. I am doing great for the shape I am in ☺ Praise the Lord! Just tired.

I had chemo last Monday, got sick on Carboplatin this time. Guess my body is just not liking this chemo 2nd time around. Bone marrow does not respond well to Neumega shot for my platelets either, but bone marrow does well with Neulasta (goes down before I can get chemo and then have to take daily Neupagen).

Monday, May 3rd I go to OSU Onc/Gyn Center in Columbus (part of James Cancer Center) for a second opinion. My onc/gyn believes I may have "more time" if I go to a center and see what they have to say about my bone marrow, etc. Then in two weeks I have my CT scans and chest xrays and should have my CA125 and other blood work done by then.

Chemo treatment either May 14 or 17. She took me off every 2 weeks since my platelets are never ready and put me on 3 weeks. I am not going 3 weeks this time because I have too much planned that week!! ☺

Enjoying everyday, continuing to lose weight, good appetite though. Not underweight, just less than everyone has been use to seeing me. Lot of muscle loss - got to start pumping those weights and working out again!! Amazing what happens - guess when you don't use it you really do lose it!

Chemo was to be done with this last one (14th). Since I have been off schedule so much my doctor thinks I need more. Prayfully my tests will show progress and I can take a break.

Not in my hands but His. Again, thanks for asking. I had more to say than I thought!

Living for Eternity,
    Libby

Hi Libby
    Take care Libby. I hope everyday you continue to improve.

Tina xxxx
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    LPack said:

HI!
    Nancy,

Living for Eternity,
    Libby

HUGS
    Hi Libby, I get sick on carbo and bone marrow is hit hard, we never went every three weeks as we knew my counts just couldn't take it. Sounds like your docs have your best interest in mind with sending you to columbus, will be waiting to hear what they recommend.

I know about muscle loss, this last surgery and time in bed I lost my muscle mass, but walking againg and the exercises my pt gave me it came right back, at least my calf muscles so far, and as the muscle returned a few pounds did too.. I guess muscle really does weigh more.

Love that You Live for Eternity and share your faith with all. Prayers ♥ Hugs Bonnie