gracie 2010 welcome back!

Options
AnneCan
AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi Gracie,

I am glad to see you back posting. How did your surgery go + how are you feeling? I hope everything went well. Best wishes!

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Hi Gracie,
    I am sorry you

Hi Gracie,

I am sorry you had such a rough time! Hopefully you have gone through the worst + each day will get a little easier. I am glad the cancer was as expected. I am doing well, thanks for asking. I have the same wish as you - that we could all be healthy + well (wealthy would be a bonus!)

Take good care!
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Hi Gracie,
    I am sorry you

Hi Gracie,

I am sorry you had such a rough time! Hopefully you have gone through the worst + each day will get a little easier. I am glad the cancer was as expected. I am doing well, thanks for asking. I have the same wish as you - that we could all be healthy + well (wealthy would be a bonus!)

Take good care!

Welcome Home gracie.....
    Nice to have you back in here...I hope you are doing better every minute...prayers for a speedy recovery...Buzz
  • Buzzard said:

Welcome Home gracie.....
    Nice to have you back in here...I hope you are doing better every minute...prayers for a speedy recovery...Buzz

• coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

Graci, the only time I disagreed with my docs was when to
    start postcolostomy chemo. I still feel I wasn't strong enough after op when they started but there's a certain protocol I needed to adhere to, if possible and oncologist, radiologist and surgeon all felt I was strong enough. Operation was Sept 2, chemo started Nov 11, last year.And always keep this in mind until you do it: you can live life with a bag; the pain does go away, the discomfort subsides and you can do almost all of what you did before......steve
  • coloCan said:

Graci, the only time I disagreed with my docs was when to
    start postcolostomy chemo. I still feel I wasn't strong enough after op when they started but there's a certain protocol I needed to adhere to, if possible and oncologist, radiologist and surgeon all felt I was strong enough. Operation was Sept 2, chemo started Nov 11, last year.And always keep this in mind until you do it: you can live life with a bag; the pain does go away, the discomfort subsides and you can do almost all of what you did before......steve

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

Hi Gracie
    The woman's name you are searching for is VICKICO:)

She elected to have the colostomy due to many issues and she has posted that she has never looked back - it gave her the freedom and her life back.

Nice to meet you BTW!

-Craig
  • Sundanceh said:

Hi Gracie
    The woman's name you are searching for is VICKICO:)

She elected to have the colostomy due to many issues and she has posted that she has never looked back - it gave her the freedom and her life back.

Nice to meet you BTW!

-Craig

• coloCan
    coloCan Member Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

Gracie, don't remember exactly when they originally wanted
    to start postop chemo...I just remember I kept begging off cos I felt so weak and was in pain from op and feeling helpless(I have a log of noteworthy things since this began but didn't write everything, like whenn onc first said she wanted to resume chemo). Eventually I was told it was time to do it so i did......tomorrow picc gets removed; next will be defective port in chest....scan to be scheduled....Hope all goes well by you....steve