It seems so long since I have seen all of you!!!!!!!

Options
chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, my Kindred Spirits!!! I am baaaaack! :-)

It seems forever since I have had the time to post~ is there a 12 step for this feeling? I am experiencing BC Boards withdrawal symptoms!

I had such a grand titmne visiting my family in Sacramento~ my brother and his wife are so welcoming and fun to be around, and as I also have a sister in Sacramento, as well as nieces, nephews and assorted and sundry relatives, it made for days of mini-reunions depending on everyones schedule! Exhausting, but in the best of ways~ laughter, silliness, too much good food ( I need the resolve of Different Ballgame!) and
to be honest,no time to think alot about The Beast.

I had soooo much fun going to the ballgame~ my Yankees were playing in Oakland, and my sister and I were 6 rows from the first base line~we could see Derek Jeter almost close enough to reach out and touch him as he walked by!!1 OMG WE sat in a section filled with mostly Yankee fans; we were decked out in Yankee shirts, hats, etc etc. And though CC Sabathia didn't win the game for the Yanks, they did take the series , winning 2 out of 3 games. But the BEST PART?? For the first time since 1968 (!!!!) The Yankees turned a triple play~ and my sis and I were there to see it! Isn't it nice that the team was so happy I was there that they did something so spectacular, just for me???? LOL LOL It truly was a beautiful sight, and so rare that we were incredulous and screaming girly screams! I ate a greasy, no good for me, but delicious hot dog with all the works, and even had a cold beer at 11 in the mornning!! Decadent!

My intent was to come back to Santa Barbara from Sacramento, read all the posts I have missed, and reply to all of them~ whatever was I thinking??? You know that road to hell paved with good intentions? I added another stepping-stone to that road!

So, I am starting over~ welcoming all of the new ones who never wanted to be here, congratulting the milestones of the sisters, hugging the sad and scared ones, and listening intently for the music of those who are Dancing With Ned.

Hugs!
Chen♥

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, you are always
    Welcome back, you are always missed. Glad you had a wonderful time.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Kat11 said:

Welcome back, you are always
    Welcome back, you are always missed. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Thanks, Kat! BTW...that is
    Thanks, Kat! BTW...that is the sweetiest picture of you! Were you "simply" posing, practicing a dance or cheerleading routine? I love it, whatever you were up to! LOL

Hugs,
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Glad To Hear From You
    Glad to hear from you and glad you had a great time visiting your family.

Welcome back. You are always missed.

Hugs

Donna
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Hooray!
    Chen is back! Always wonder when we don't hear from you, but then we know that there will be delightful, entertaining stories.

So Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Sue
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    You're missed!
    Your posts are GREATLY missed when you're not around, Chen. You offer so much to any & all subjects. So glad you had what seems like a terrific time (even though I'm not allowed to be a Yankee fan as my daughter is a HUGE Red Sox fan... I think she would literally HATE me, lol). Hope to read a lot more of what you have to offer all of us. It's extremely enlightening and inspiring!

Hugs, Mar
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    I know how you feel
    Welcome back (to both of us)!!! I have been "away" too. It is great catching up with everyone. Life is slowly returning back to "new normal" since the hysterectomy and now we are just looking forward to summer vacation. Hugs, Pitt
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    pitt said:

I know how you feel
    Welcome back (to both of us)!!! I have been "away" too. It is great catching up with everyone. Life is slowly returning back to "new normal" since the hysterectomy and now we are just looking forward to summer vacation. Hugs, Pitt

Glad to hear your away time was grand!
    I too have been absent from checking in. Not intentionally, but just busy with "stuff", like life~
    visited my sis in phoenix, got some warm sun on my bones (rainy and gray in the northwest). It is good medicine for us to be with those we love, or out and about doing things we love to do. Loving life , is part of moving forward...
    M