Options
2»

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    geotina said:

Colonoscopy
    George was diagnosed at age 60. Our daughter, age 33 will be having her first colonoscopy beginning at age 35. Beginning age 35 she would be covered by her current insurance carrier due to family history. Mother, father, sister, brother with a history of colon cancer they will pay for early screening. Her doctor checked on it for her. They will cover the cost beginning at age 35. While I wish it were sooner, we are comfortable with age 35. If she has any symptoms whatsoever she would be immediately approved for a colonoscopy.

Tina

with a history like that I would have symptoms!
    I wouldn't wait if i were her; I would be telling my doctor about seeing blood in the toilet whether I did or not! Better safe than sorry!
    mary
  • imagineit2010
    imagineit2010 Member Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    msccolon said:

with a history like that I would have symptoms!
    I wouldn't wait if i were her; I would be telling my doctor about seeing blood in the toilet whether I did or not! Better safe than sorry!
    mary

Look out for yourself
    I'm with Mary, when a life is at stake, honesty may not be the best policy. I think I would recomend that method to ANYONE concerned about their risks. Cancer is a battle and unfortunatly many times the insurance companies are against us. All's fair in love and war....