Allergic Reaction?

Options
linpsu
linpsu Member Posts: 747
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had my 3rd AC chemo a week ago and have been experiencing some allergic-type reactions the past few days. My first 2 treatments resulted in the normal side effects that everyone is warned about, but these new ones are puzzling. I have very watery eyes, even stuck together in the mornings, like conjunctivitis. Then I had an asthma attack, which i've never had in my life and ended up in the ER for 4 hours on Wednesday. Now I have itchy hives all over my back, shoulders, and chest. I do have an oncologist appointment on Wed., but don't know if i can get in to see her any earlier due to the bloodwork schedule. Note that I did get allergy shots for 30 years for various pollens, molds, etc., which i just discontinued due to starting chemo. The chemo I'm getting does seem to be working, as the tumor has shrunk dramatically. I really don't want to stop getting it if it's working. But I don't know if these symptoms are allergic reactions to chemo or regular allergic reactions from stopping my shots. I just hope they aren't too serious. I did experience itching all over my body the first time I got the Adriamycin. Has anyone else ever had this? Please advise. Thanks so much.

Comments

• karen0423
    karen0423 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi- I would call your
    Hi- I would call your oncologist to let them know what you are experiencing. I was dx in 2002 Stage III and went through lots of chemo, I did 12 weeks of Herceptin/Navelbine, then surgery,then 4 rounds of AC...started Taxol,did ok with the first one, but had a severe reaction to the 2nd one. You need to tell your oncologist what is going on, they need to be fully aware of anything you are experiencing. You said you have other allergies so hopefully it is that, but you really should call your doctor. Good Luck. Karen
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    karen0423 said:

Hi- I would call your
    Hi- I would call your oncologist to let them know what you are experiencing. I was dx in 2002 Stage III and went through lots of chemo, I did 12 weeks of Herceptin/Navelbine, then surgery,then 4 rounds of AC...started Taxol,did ok with the first one, but had a severe reaction to the 2nd one. You need to tell your oncologist what is going on, they need to be fully aware of anything you are experiencing. You said you have other allergies so hopefully it is that, but you really should call your doctor. Good Luck. Karen

Call your oncologist and let
    Call your oncologist and let them know. You should always alert him to any new symptoms that you have on chemo. Let us know if he can help you. Good luck!