captain's log 042410

Options
Emilyfimily
Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Captains log 042410..... Eight days previous, I arose from bed, looked in the mirror pointedly at each and every hair follicle, and proclaimed with a deep and demanding voice much like that of Zeus, "Let the follicular recharge....BEGIN!" However, during the course of the following week, daily inspections have found my troops oblivious to the importance of our mission. I consistently find that they blatantly continue to ignore my demands. I consider myself a fair and judicious leader, but their persistent unwillingness to follow orders leaves me pondering what to do. "Punishment," you say? Perhaps, yes, this may for a time regain their attention, however the root of the problem would either remain unsolved or sustain further damage. "A pep talk," you suggest? Out of the question. Pep talks are for puppy dogs and little children. No, no. .....If these young soldiers want to be at the helm of the ship, they will be present for duty at the required time and standing at full attention when instructed.... I am at a loss. It appears....the troops of today simply aren't of "the stuff" of troops passed. I will continue to ponder this....this quandry........ Emily out.
(beep beep electronic star trek noises)

Comments

• kickin the big C
    kickin the big C Member Posts: 18
    Options
    love this post. 16 mths out
    love this post. 16 mths out from chemo my hair is unbelievable soft, long, thick and curly. it was fine and strait. tough way to get a new doo but i'll keep it.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

love this post. 16 mths out
    love this post. 16 mths out from chemo my hair is unbelievable soft, long, thick and curly. it was fine and strait. tough way to get a new doo but i'll keep it.

hysterical. my hair is
    hysterical. my hair is coming in 3 months after chemo end, thicker, softer, darker and I think will be curly too. covers my whole head, dont know when I will do the public reveal. I hope your hair follicles start obeying soon.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    "Scotty! Beam me up again!
    "Scotty! Beam me up again! You forgot my hair!" As I mutter under my breath, "The captain probably got it." (This is why Kirk had a full head of hair and Picard had none. Picard didn't have Scotty.)

Yours will look better than theirs anyway!
  • Emilyfimily
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

"Scotty! Beam me up again!
    "Scotty! Beam me up again! You forgot my hair!" As I mutter under my breath, "The captain probably got it." (This is why Kirk had a full head of hair and Picard had none. Picard didn't have Scotty.)

Yours will look better than theirs anyway!

haha
    Haha! Maybe so - Picard was puh-retty slick on top, wasn't he. I always was a big fan of Scotty.

My hair was dark and curly before chemo, so now I'm thinking darker and curlier?! This gal I work with said, "Girrrrrrrl, you about to be the only crackuh in town with an afro." Cracked me up. Ha!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options

haha
    Haha! Maybe so - Picard was puh-retty slick on top, wasn't he. I always was a big fan of Scotty.

My hair was dark and curly before chemo, so now I'm thinking darker and curlier?! This gal I work with said, "Girrrrrrrl, you about to be the only crackuh in town with an afro." Cracked me up. Ha!

Loved It
    When my hair gets an inch long, I think I will stop wearing anything on my head. I have a few greys shining through and my husband asked if I was going to dye my hair and I told him I don't care what color it is when it grows out as long as it is my hair.

Donna
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

hysterical. my hair is
    hysterical. my hair is coming in 3 months after chemo end, thicker, softer, darker and I think will be curly too. covers my whole head, dont know when I will do the public reveal. I hope your hair follicles start obeying soon.

You are such a creative and
    You are such a creative and funny writer! Thanks for this!

Sue :)
  • Emilyfimily
    Options

haha

Captain's log 042610......
    Captain's log 042610...... I have been advised by Starfleet officers of potential solutions to the ongoing problem of follicular inactivity. Having conferred with 1st Officer Mr. Spock, as well as Mr. Scott, I have ordered a full evaluation of the engineering deck, as well as dispatched communications to Starfleet Academy requesting their top Academy graduates to be assigned to the Enterprise at the close of the spring academic term. I also attempted a dialogue concerning the non-present follicles with Chief Medical Officer McCoy, however after a brief rant about "that damn pointy eared half breed"...... Dr. McCoy's final conclusion was, "They're dead, Jim." Upon the question, "Bones,.....who's Jim?" His response was, "Dammit Emily, I'm a doctor, not a beautician!" .....Obviously the extended time in deep space is contributing to our medical officer's impatience. I am left with the hope that our new recruits will be of better stock than the last. With the Confederacy's boundaries stretching farther and farther into deep space.....future captains of the Enterprise must be able to retain the loyalty of each and every individual assigned to the helm. Surely, this ....inactivity...must be remedied before assigning Starfleet captains of the Next Generation....
    Emily out.
    (beep beep star trek noises....)

okay, I promise I'll stop now. :)
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options

Captain's log 042610...... I have been advised by Starfleet officers of potential solutions to the ongoing problem of follicular inactivity. Having conferred with 1st Officer Mr. Spock, as well as Mr. Scott, I have ordered a full evaluation of the engineering deck, as well as dispatched communications to Starfleet Academy requesting their top Academy graduates to be assigned to the Enterprise at the close of the spring academic term. I also attempted a dialogue concerning the non-present follicles with Chief Medical Officer McCoy, however after a brief rant about "that damn pointy eared half breed"...... Dr. McCoy's final conclusion was, "They're dead, Jim." Upon the question, "Bones,.....who's Jim?" His response was, "Dammit Emily, I'm a doctor, not a beautician!" .....Obviously the extended time in deep space is contributing to our medical officer's impatience. I am left with the hope that our new recruits will be of better stock than the last. With the Confederacy's boundaries stretching farther and farther into deep space.....future captains of the Enterprise must be able to retain the loyalty of each and every individual assigned to the helm. Surely, this ....inactivity...must be remedied before assigning Starfleet captains of the Next Generation....
    Emily out.

You did know that Picard was
    You did know that Picard was constipated. He never had a number 2.

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. hee hee.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

Emily out.

You are really cute
    This made me smile. Very nice. Star Trek is my guilty pleasure.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

You are really cute
    This made me smile. Very nice. Star Trek is my guilty pleasure.

This is so funny and so
    This is so funny and so cute! You should write professionally!

Thanks!
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options

Emily out.

Yes well the new troops have
    Yes well the new troops have to travel thrugh the time warp you know....took um about 6 weeks to show their fuzzy little heads.....
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Emily out.

NO!
    Please don't stop writing! You are hilarious and I love reading what you wrote!

Keep it up!

Leeza
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

You did know that Picard was
    You did know that Picard was constipated. He never had a number 2.

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. hee hee.

OMG Marcia! LOL! Too
    OMG Marcia! LOL! Too funny!

Sue :)
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Options
    LOL
    Haven't been on the board for a while, but I'm sitting getting my first Herceptin/Taxol treatment and this just made my day and lightened my mood. Thanks for the laugh.

Hugs,
    Marcy
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Emily out.

I love this post too! You
    I love this post too! You are very creative! Wishing you good luck Emily and keep writing these! We can always use some humor along our fight with bc and you delivered it!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

haha

2 Funny!
    HAHA! This cracks ME up!

♥ Noel
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    canoegirl said:

LOL
    Haven't been on the board for a while, but I'm sitting getting my first Herceptin/Taxol treatment and this just made my day and lightened my mood. Thanks for the laugh.

Hugs,
    Marcy

Ha Ha!
    This made my day too! Love your humor!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Ha Ha!
    This made my day too! Love your humor!

I never got into Star Trek,
    I never got into Star Trek, but, this is funny! Hope you post more!