Options
2»

Comments

• Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Hello
    I was diagnosised may 2009 w stage3c triple positive, 18/20 nodes pos. Coming up on a yr of cancer remission. My onc says I'm to be his masterpiece. I hope to be. Gave it all to God. Like someone said, he knows our expiration date. I always figured I'd go by car wreck. lol You'll do great. Stick with family and God. Of course w ur cancer team. (((hugs))), Katz

I LOVE the attitude of your doctors!
    My onc is a 18 year bc survivor herself, so needless to say she's an awesome advocate!
    When I saw her after my last chemo (she had a reputation of being VERY conservative about taking the port out) she looked at me and said, "you can take that thing out whenever you want" Those were the most amazing words I ever heard!!! It'd gone, by the way. Within a week I had it taken out. Now after my hurdle with radiation is through maybe life can take some turns back to reality! God bless.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    jannie_ said:

Thank-you all for writing.
    Thank-you all for writing. It is so frightening. Your responses are helping already. I have to be a fighter I know. Please continue to write and pray and I will do the same for each and everyone of you. God has been my greatest strength and I still feel weak and vulnerable.
    You all are uplifting me.
    BTW, I accidentally signed my first e-mail as sophie 56....that's a pen name for an old board....sorry. From this point on please refer to me as jannie_
    Thank-you all again.
    Jannie_

Just want to welcome you to
    Just want to welcome you to this great site! Lots of support and help here for you.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    nuttygirl said:

There is ALWAYS HOPE!
    Hi sweet pea!
    Well I am living proof of stage three and in the lymph nodes longevity! I have been cancer free for over 6 years now! WOOHOO! I was 39 when I was diagnosed. I had at least 3 mamograms in my late 30s with no evidence of cancer. It was not until I found a lump under my armpit that they finally believed me and did the biopsies. I had a malignant lump in my left breast as well as my lymph nodes.(stage 3 with 14 positive lymph nodes). God IS amazing and will be there for you. He is our Dad and loves us so. Oh... I forgot! I work with a gal that is also a survivor of stage 3. She is going on her 5th year cancer free! She is a year younger than me. YOU CAN DO IT! God bless you Jannie!

You are so right! There is
    You are so right! There is always hope! Congrats on your 6 years!
  • jdubious
    jdubious Member Posts: 113
    Options
    it's "curable"!
    Hi Jannie,

My diagnosis was III B in July, 2004, with node involvement. My surgeon told be before my mastectomy that my cancer was curable! That was good enough for me! I had dose-dense chemo (AC for 12 weeks, EVERY WEEK, taxol for 4 weeks, also EVERY WEEK) followed by 7 weeks of radiation. All my tests have been clear - blood work, mammograms, MRIs and chest Xrays. You CAN beat this! If your doctors aren't giving you the possibility of a positive outcome - you need to get new doctors. Get to a teaching center where they have the latest treatment options - your life is worth it.

j