Personal ?, hopefully not TMI

Options
j916
j916 Member Posts: 141
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all, haven't posted for awhile...sometimes too hard to post, but always read :)
My ?, May 29 it will be a year since i've finished chemo, yeah! Go Me!!! This February i had my ovaries and tubes removed. I had been on tomox since chemo ended, and am now on arimidex. I felt WONDERFUL as soon as the med change, but now BAM! I am hit with a side effect that is effecting my personal life; dryness, if you know what i mean. I mean, sahara, mohave, sand dune dryness. They can't give me anything with estrogen in it because my bc was double estrogen positive. A little estrogen cream would clear up this prob right away, but they are not willing to give it to me, and i'm not willing to compromise. Hey, if i'll put up with the aching, i'm certainly not going to compromise for this lol.
So...has ANYONE had this problem, and has ANYONE found anything that has helped? I have tried almost everything over the counter...replense, etc., but they end up leaving a weird odor, so i'm not sure what's left. I'm starting to avoid intimacy, even tho the med has not taken away the libido (thank goodness for any perks we get!)
help?
Thanks...it's such a great feeling knowing you're always here!

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Zestra
    A totally natural lubricant that also helps with, um, arousal. No hormones as far as I know. You may have to use something on a regular basis and not just when you feel like being intimate. J, you should check out www.youngsurvival.org and search the bulletin board for "vaginal dryness" "sex" or anything like that. There is TONS of advice there, including product recommendations, tips, tricks, you name it.

Mimi
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    The desert
    Dear girl, we've all been there so don't worry about TMI. I've been using Replens and Astroglide if necessary. If I let my mind take over, I can usually get beyond the initial sensation and enjoy. I've heard that a lot more foreplay can help...? I'll be looking forward to any other options that people have found useful. Thanks for asking the question!
    Beth
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I say Yay! go YOU! too!
    it is great to have our anniversary dates isn't it?
    I know what you mean about the desert, I told my hubby, I am dryer than a popcorn's fart.
    Unfortunately for me too, nothing with estrogen. And fortunately (??) no loss of libido, just because I'm old (53) doesn't mean the sex drive is gone. Double edged sword there huh? (pun intended) I have tried the replense, and yes, you do need to use it regularly for best results, then you need foreplay. I found that works more than anything else.
    Never too much information, we all have issues of one type or another, and can almost always get answers.
    Hope you find something that works, and if you do, please share!
    Cat