Shout out to MAJW: How did your mammogram go?

TraciInLA
TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Nancy, I've been thinking about you -- let us know how things went for you yesterday?

Comments

• sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    MAJW
    She has been on my mind too, I guess because I recently had my first post mammo too. I am leaving in the morning for 6-8 weeks, and I don't have any internet access there, unless I go to the library or find a hot spot for my laptop, so I would like to see a post that MAJW is dancing with one of those guys.
    sgamtd
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Wondering also.....
    I am always touched when I read posts that 'follow up'. Thank you, Traci. Thank all of you who care so much.

Sue
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    HAD A SCARE..
    My fellow "sisters" thank you so very much for caring.......Sorry I haven't posted....had an elderly family member pass away....many phone calls had to be made......First time this am online since Tuesday.......

Anyway......"something" showed up in the mammo and ultrasound on my "good boob".......I was positively terrified......all I could think of was, "here we go again".....Conclusion is, it is a fibrocystic cyst......two doctors concuring this.....my radiologist, been going to her for my mammos for years, is herself a bc survivor so she is "knows" what was going through my mind.......She is agressive in her testing and doing biopsies......her words were "if I had the slightest doubt that this was nothing more than a cyst, I would biopsy it right this second!" In my rational mind (does that really exist?) I, after them taking many, many pictures, thought this is sore and I know my lump in the right breast, which was bc, wasn't so that's a good sign.....Also my gyn called this morning and after having gone over the report agreed with the findings........I will go back in 6 months for another mammo....

The relief was over whelming.....as you know....so for now.......DANCING WITH NED!
    I go for my 3 month blood work and appointment with my oncologist the end of May.....again, for now, I am well!!!! Again, thank you all so very much for your caring.....you all mean so very much to me, even though we have never met face to face, we have a strong connection and bond........I love and appreciate you!
    Peace and dancing with NED to you all!
    Nancy
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    MAJW said:

HAD A SCARE..
    My fellow "sisters" thank you so very much for caring.......Sorry I haven't posted....had an elderly family member pass away....many phone calls had to be made......First time this am online since Tuesday.......

Anyway......"something" showed up in the mammo and ultrasound on my "good boob".......I was positively terrified......all I could think of was, "here we go again".....Conclusion is, it is a fibrocystic cyst......two doctors concuring this.....my radiologist, been going to her for my mammos for years, is herself a bc survivor so she is "knows" what was going through my mind.......She is agressive in her testing and doing biopsies......her words were "if I had the slightest doubt that this was nothing more than a cyst, I would biopsy it right this second!" In my rational mind (does that really exist?) I, after them taking many, many pictures, thought this is sore and I know my lump in the right breast, which was bc, wasn't so that's a good sign.....Also my gyn called this morning and after having gone over the report agreed with the findings........I will go back in 6 months for another mammo....

The relief was over whelming.....as you know....so for now.......DANCING WITH NED!
    I go for my 3 month blood work and appointment with my oncologist the end of May.....again, for now, I am well!!!! Again, thank you all so very much for your caring.....you all mean so very much to me, even though we have never met face to face, we have a strong connection and bond........I love and appreciate you!
    Nancy

How wonderful for you to be dancing with NED
    How wonderful for you to be dancing with NED.

HUGS

Donna
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    MAJW said:

HAD A SCARE..

Nancy

Nancy I'm so happy for you
    Nancy I'm so happy for you that the scare is OVER! You keep dancing with Ned, perhaps a waltz is appropriate. I can see you flowing along.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    MAJW said:

HAD A SCARE..

Nancy

So glad to hear good news!
    Nancy, I'm so sorry that you've had to be dealing with what I'm sure is a difficult time for you and your family at the same time as your first post-treatment mammogram, but I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get confirmation of good news from doctors you trust, and that you can rest easy now.

Take good care,

Traci
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Nancy
    Sorry to hear of your loss, but very happy to hear you are dancing with NED.

Hope you get some rest after the roller coaster you've just been on so that you can truly enjoy the good news you eventually got.

Take care,
    Cindy