Question for those taking Tamoxifen

Options
Deb1969
Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I started Tamoxifen 20mg last Thursday and have been experiencing heart palpatations ever since I started taking this med. I had EKG today, it was normal. Will have halter monitor put on Monday. Has anyone else experienced this?
Deb

Comments

  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Not much to offer here other than a hug and hello
    Deb, I just wanted to say it's nice to see you here -- I may have just missed your postings, but it seems like a long time! I just wish it weren't for this reason.

    I've been on Tamoxifen for 5 months now, and haven't experienced any side effects other than hot flashes at night, so I'm sorry I can't be of any help myself. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

    Traci
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

    Not much to offer here other than a hug and hello
    Deb, I just wanted to say it's nice to see you here -- I may have just missed your postings, but it seems like a long time! I just wish it weren't for this reason.

    I've been on Tamoxifen for 5 months now, and haven't experienced any side effects other than hot flashes at night, so I'm sorry I can't be of any help myself. Please keep us posted on how you're doing.

    Traci

    Hi Deb
    I've been on

    Hi Deb

    I've been on Tamoxifen since Feb. 1 and I have had the heart palpations. They come and go and have had 3 echocardiograms (since treatment started last May 2009)that came back fine. When I get them I try to take slow even deep breaths with my wrists crossed over my heart. I learned this from a Reiki master and it works. The night sweats finally got so bad I asked for help so my oncol. put me on low dose Effexor XR. Just started taking it today so don't know how it will work yet. I just hope I can sleep.
    Good luck with your tests.
    Sher
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    Options
    Sher43009 said:

    Hi Deb
    I've been on

    Hi Deb

    I've been on Tamoxifen since Feb. 1 and I have had the heart palpations. They come and go and have had 3 echocardiograms (since treatment started last May 2009)that came back fine. When I get them I try to take slow even deep breaths with my wrists crossed over my heart. I learned this from a Reiki master and it works. The night sweats finally got so bad I asked for help so my oncol. put me on low dose Effexor XR. Just started taking it today so don't know how it will work yet. I just hope I can sleep.
    Good luck with your tests.
    Sher

    Thanks for your replys. I
    Thanks for your replys. I also have had 11 Herceptin treatments but the heart palpations didnt start until the day I began the Tamoxifen. I have had 2 echos all were also normal, I told the doctor it doesnt happen all the time,but the palpations happen numerous times daily but usually during the evening or night time. So he ordered the 24 hours monitor to see what going on.
    Deb
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have not
    Deb,
    I've only experienced the expected hot flashes - no other side affects. I'd check with your doctor about this.
    Beth
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    BethInAz said:

    I have not
    Deb,
    I've only experienced the expected hot flashes - no other side affects. I'd check with your doctor about this.
    Beth

    Like Beth said, please check
    Like Beth said, please check with your oncologist about this.

    Leeza