Pathology Report Not Good

Options
2»

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    Hi Sunrae
    I have just joined this site today and could totally identify with your post. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma in Nov. 2009. My surgeon thought it would be DCIS and we were both devastated when he did the lumpectomy and then the axial node dissection and found that 10 of 23 nodes removed were positive. After two surgeries (as well as the insertion of a port), I started chemo in late January. I was terrified. I am the person who reads the aspirin bottle for about 15 minutes debating whether to take the pill or not! Chemo was my worst nightmare. However, I have been extremely blessed. I had my fifth round of very aggressive treatment (ACT) last Thursday and am doing pretty well. I have not vomited one time, and my physical reactions to the chemo have been minimal. Fatigue is a factor right now, and sort of a general feeling of lousiness for about a week after treatment, along with an aversion to the taste of most foods. However, I only have one round left in a couple of weeks and then radiation. I must tell you, for me, the port has been a blessing. It is so much easier on the arm veins to go through the port each time and my onco nurse sprays it first with numbing spray so there is little to no pain at all. I will give you the best advice my "angel" nurse gave me--Everyone is different and reacts to chemo differently, don't listen to the horror stories and think that's going to be you. AND--enjoy all the good days to the fullest and don't ruin them by worrying about any bad days that may or may not come. I hope this helps. I'm praying for all my sisters suffering from this disease. Love to you all.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hi Sunrae
    I have just joined this site today and could totally identify with your post. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma in Nov. 2009. My surgeon thought it would be DCIS and we were both devastated when he did the lumpectomy and then the axial node dissection and found that 10 of 23 nodes removed were positive. After two surgeries (as well as the insertion of a port), I started chemo in late January. I was terrified. I am the person who reads the aspirin bottle for about 15 minutes debating whether to take the pill or not! Chemo was my worst nightmare. However, I have been extremely blessed. I had my fifth round of very aggressive treatment (ACT) last Thursday and am doing pretty well. I have not vomited one time, and my physical reactions to the chemo have been minimal. Fatigue is a factor right now, and sort of a general feeling of lousiness for about a week after treatment, along with an aversion to the taste of most foods. However, I only have one round left in a couple of weeks and then radiation. I must tell you, for me, the port has been a blessing. It is so much easier on the arm veins to go through the port each time and my onco nurse sprays it first with numbing spray so there is little to no pain at all. I will give you the best advice my "angel" nurse gave me--Everyone is different and reacts to chemo differently, don't listen to the horror stories and think that's going to be you. AND--enjoy all the good days to the fullest and don't ruin them by worrying about any bad days that may or may not come. I hope this helps. I'm praying for all my sisters suffering from this disease. Love to you all.

Again my beautiful sisters,
    Again my beautiful sisters, you've come thru for me. I'm starting to believe I can do this because so many of you have before me. I hate the fact that so many of you have this bc experience but you're like angels to me, comforting, loving, warm and fuzzy. It's like I can feel your arms around me giving me strength and encouragement. For months I felt like I was sitting on the sidelines watching all of you battling with all your being, and I felt so helpless, hoping and praying for the best for all of you. Now I consider myself in the battle and with all your experiences and your winning spirit, you are helping me so much. Sharon, I have not had a PET scan, no one has mentioned it. I've had CT and bone scans, and several 3d ultra sounds which showed nothing elsewhere. Right now I want to get this last drain out and have a couple of weeks to recover before I start chemo. My husband has been so wonderful and supportive during all of this. He empties my drains, cleans up the wounds, even gives me my insulin shots, takes care of all the household duties, cooks, laundry, cuts grass, buys groceries. I haven't been able to sleep in the same bed with him since the surgery. He comes into my bedroom every night, rubs my back, kisses me goodnight and tells me how much he loves me and misses me. I thank God every day for this man. Today he went out for a little while and came home with the most beautiful pink roses for me. Said it was long overdue. We are going to have one big partytime celebration when this is over with. I wish I could give each one of you a dozen pink roses for what you mean to me. Love each and every one of you.
  • Sunrae
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hi Sunrae

Sorry, double post.
  • Sunrae
    Options
    missrenee said:

Hi Sunrae

Triple post. But what I said in the above post bears repeating. Thank you pink sisters.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Again my beautiful sisters, you've come thru for me. I'm starting to believe I can do this because so many of you have before me. I hate the fact that so many of you have this bc experience but you're like angels to me, comforting, loving, warm and fuzzy. It's like I can feel your arms around me giving me strength and encouragement. For months I felt like I was sitting on the sidelines watching all of you battling with all your being, and I felt so helpless, hoping and praying for the best for all of you. Now I consider myself in the battle and with all your experiences and your winning spirit, you are helping me so much. Sharon, I have not had a PET scan, no one has mentioned it. I've had CT and bone scans, and several 3d ultra sounds which showed nothing elsewhere. Right now I want to get this last drain out and have a couple of weeks to recover before I start chemo. My husband has been so wonderful and supportive during all of this. He empties my drains, cleans up the wounds, even gives me my insulin shots, takes care of all the household duties, cooks, laundry, cuts grass, buys groceries. I haven't been able to sleep in the same bed with him since the surgery. He comes into my bedroom every night, rubs my back, kisses me goodnight and tells me how much he loves me and misses me. I thank God every day for this man. Today he went out for a little while and came home with the most beautiful pink roses for me. Said it was long overdue. We are going to have one big partytime celebration when this is over with. I wish I could give each one of you a dozen pink roses for what you mean to me. Love each and every one of you.

I'd love to go to your party
    and help you celebrate. I know that day is coming - start planning!

Big hugs, well wishes and prayers,

Sue
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Calleen said:

Oh SunRae
    I'm so sorry for what you are facing!! you know we are here for you!! even though I havent been on here for months I still have all my sisters in my thoughts everyday!

Calleen

So sorry Sunrae that you
    So sorry Sunrae that you have to take chemo, but, it is another good weapon in the arsenal of fighting the cancer. Good luck to you!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

sorry about the chemo news,
    sorry about the chemo news, we are here for you , Hugs and more hugs.

So sorry Sunrae, but, you
    So sorry Sunrae, but, you can do it! You have so many here that will support you and give you the best advice!

Leeza
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Triple post. But what I said in the above post bears repeating. Thank you pink sisters.

Sweet Sunrae ♥
    First, I am so happy that your surgery is over and wish you a very speedy recovery. Second, I am also so very sorry that you will have to take chemo. But Sunrae, you can get thru chemo and your sisters in pink will help you! Always know that we are here for you, anytime, day or night. Your journey has turned into more than you had planned on, but, just take it one day at a time. That is the best wisdom I can give you. Lots of love and blessings!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

I'd love to go to your party
    and help you celebrate. I know that day is coming - start planning!

Big hugs, well wishes and prayers,

Sue

Sunrae, so sorry about the
    Sunrae, so sorry about the chemo. I know it isn't what anyone wants to go thru.

Sending you prayers and hugs!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    jbug said:

Sunrae
    So sorry your path report wasn't as good as anticipated. It's so frustrating to have a plan in mind, see the path you'll take and have someone throw up another roadblock and tell you there's another detour! You'll still make it to the end of the journey, though...just another path. Will pray that you get thru the rest of your treatments w/o any further complications...

Blessings...
    Julie

I'm so very sorry that your
    I'm so very sorry that your path report wasn't good Sunrae. Praying that you will get thru all of your treatments easily!

Lex♥
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

hate path reports, having
    hate path reports, having them, waiting for them, everything about them. just had to say it!!! damn path reports!!!! but you are strong and will get through the chemo. and we will help you .

Sorry Sunrae
    I am sorry Sunrae that your path report wasn't what you expected or wanted. Sending you prayers and hugs!

Kristin ♥
  • Sunrae
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Sweet Sunrae ♥
    First, I am so happy that your surgery is over and wish you a very speedy recovery. Second, I am also so very sorry that you will have to take chemo. But Sunrae, you can get thru chemo and your sisters in pink will help you! Always know that we are here for you, anytime, day or night. Your journey has turned into more than you had planned on, but, just take it one day at a time. That is the best wisdom I can give you. Lots of love and blessings!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Just bumping this up for
    Just bumping this up for Ritzy and all those who shouted out for me today. This should update everyone about my masectomy 3 weeks ago and my pathology report which now means I will be taking chemo, 1st treatment tomorrow, and then 30 treatments of radiation. Thanks for your concern, thoughts and prayers.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Just bumping this up for
    Just bumping this up for Ritzy and all those who shouted out for me today. This should update everyone about my masectomy 3 weeks ago and my pathology report which now means I will be taking chemo, 1st treatment tomorrow, and then 30 treatments of radiation. Thanks for your concern, thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for posting Sunrae!
    Thanks for posting Sunrae! I was worried about you, as were others. Good luck with chemo and rads. Update and let us know how you do.

Sue :)