New treatment plan

snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, Novalis is off the table for a while. I had a pet/ct in march. It showed two liver tumors and two rt lung tumors. They started prepping me for Novalis by doing a biphasic liver study and high def ct. The ct showed that I still had several small scattered tumors throughout both lungs. The Radiologist said he wanted to delay treatment until some of those things clear up.

That sounds like bad news but there is some positive. Until last week I haven't taken any chemo since Feb. By all accounts my cancer has been stable for many months without chemo. I haven't taken Avastin since mid Dec. I was approved for Abraxane, which I was planning on taking after Novalis.

Comments

• lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    snommimtj
    sound like a mixture of good and not so good news but you will whip this hang in there I am praying for you.
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    John,
    I am glad to hear that

John,

I am glad to hear that your cancer has been stable for awhile. It sounds like your radiologist is looking out for you. Best of luck with the new treatment plan.
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Stable
    Is a good thing. I am glad you have a new plan and it sounds like it will get you to your Novalis treatment. I always thought you could RFA those liver and lung tumors. Best of luck!
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    John
    John,
    You are amazing. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Stable is good news
    Stable is good news already.Plus no chemo for a while,everything is still stable,which is really good.