REPORTS ARE GOOD, PORT COMING OUT FOR GOOD WE HOPE

Options
MOE58
MOE58 Member Posts: 589 Member
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
Hello to all my CSN Friends

Jeff went to the oncologist today, it was one year ago this month that we started visiting the oncologist, wow what a journey it has been, Jeff and I have been through so many BUMPS, AND HURDLES through this journey that it is so amazing how things have worked. I learned so much in our beginning months of this ugly beast. Jeff was an amazing man, he stuck through everything through thick and thin, I stuck with him through chemo, hair loss, ugliness, tempers, crys, surgery, recovery, and now doctors appts. if someone would have told me that he would go through all these stages I would have probably called them a liar, but knowing what I know now, I am not ashamed walking this journey. Cancer is an awful disease, and I am more involved in the Cancer network than I have ever been involved before, and so has Jeff.

The doctor told us today that not too many people turn out this well, as its a progressive growing cancer and comes back in a heartbeat, but he is one of a kind and with me being so persistent in the beginning is what got this fight going so soon.

We had a special person on this site, KITTEN0385 she has now went on to make a home with GOD, but this person, was so deliteful and very informative of this disease, you see she was only 23 when diagnosed she overcame the disease and was in remission, but unfortunately in August of 09, it returned and took over her body,
and she lost her battle with EC, she was one great woman, and how all of us has missed her since her passing in November of 09. We learned so much from her and she never ever gave up, even to her last day, she just wouldn't ever think that this beast was going to take her to heaven, but unfortunately it did.

This person is the reason Jeff is still going, cause without her I think he would have gave up.

Would I do this again, YES I would, no matter what kind of cancer it was cause I feel once you walk a journey with a cancer patient you can walk any road of cancer.

I want each and every one of you all to know how much you have helped me through my difficult times, in my life, without Bill and Loretta Marshall I couldn't have done it, he guided me through days I just didn't think I could go no more. I remember the days Jeff was in ICU and not expected to live, I posted something and he gave me hope. The days that went into nights he was there for me. ( if any of you all want to read my posts go back to May 09 when I first started but the real journey began in July 09 during surgery)

I am here to help each and every one of you if you need help. I so want to believe that we can fight this disease.

Of course Jeff has to go in every 3 months for scans, but the doctor said as long as he gets good reports he is good.

I want to wish everyone a blessed life and keep on fighting this disease.

take care

Love Lori aka MOE

"LIFE IS ABOUT WAITING FOR A STORM TO PASS, ITS ABOUT LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN"

AUTHOR: KITTEN0385

Comments

• cjmac49
    cjmac49 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    Port removal
    It is a wonderful day when this happens. Congratulations!

The best to you both.

Jim
  • lindadanis
    lindadanis Member Posts: 235
    Options
    I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH
    THAT IS GREAT NEWS AND YOU HAVE REPLIED TO ME SEVERAL TIMES LORI AND THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT PUT THESE POSTING ON THIS SITE BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL DAYS, MONTHS THAT I READ THEM AND THEY TAKE ME OUT OF MY MOOD. YOU ARE A TRUE INSIRPIRATION AND I AGREED, WILLIAM IS A GOD SEND. HE HAS SENT ME POSTINGS AND HONESTLY WITHOUT HIM, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO. I HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH A VERY DIFFICULT HUSBAND IF YOU HAVE BEEN READING MY POSTS, AND I ALWAYS GO ON THIS WEBSITE EVERYDAY AND TRY TO FIND SOME INSPIRATION AND YES, YOU AND WILLIAM ARE ALWAYS THERE. CONGRATULATION ON GETTING THIS FAR, DON'T EVER GIVE UP.

LINDA
  • oriontj
    oriontj Member Posts: 375
    Options
    Boy is that good news...so
    Boy is that good news...so happy to hear it...Go Jeff and Lori for taking such good care of him.

orion
  • MOE58
    MOE58 Member Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    CORRECTION
    I cant seem to edit so it goes like this

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR A STORM TO PASS ITS ABOUT LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN.

AUTHOR

KITTEN0385
  • Donna70
    Donna70 Member Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    MOE58 said:

CORRECTION
    I cant seem to edit so it goes like this

LIFE ISN'T ABOUT WAITING FOR A STORM TO PASS ITS ABOUT LEARNING HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN.

AUTHOR

KITTEN0385

happy for you both!!
    What a journey!! You and Jeff have traveled one really bumpy road and we all admire your courage and the time you have taken to give support also. Happy to hear Jeff is free and clear and just has to have scans. Prayers always for him and yourself that he goes on to being one of our long survivors!!! take care and thanks for all you have done for all of us.
    Donna70
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Thank you Lori
    Lori,
    Thank you so much for posting. You and Jeff are wonderful people. I know I have turned to you in the past regarding my dad. You were always there for me. I always read your posts and your replys and they are always so helpful. Congratulations to Jeff! That is wonderful news. Very happy for both of you! Now....go and enjoy your life! Go travel, have fun, smell the roses, and dance in the rain! Love you both, even though I never met you. Keep in touch.
    Tina
  • Hope_Faith
    Hope_Faith Member Posts: 150
    Options
    WONDERFUL NEWS!!! :)
    I"m so

WONDERFUL NEWS!!! :)
    I"m so happy for you guys !
    Praying for continued blessings,
    Shelly
  • Ellie_E
    Ellie_E Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Yay!!
    What great news for you guys!!! I have read many of your posts, Lori, and I'm learning to pull up my BIG GIRL PANTIES! Thank you for all your caring information and encouragement to everyone on this site.

Ellie