Here We Go....

Options
Cathy-Dog Lvr
Cathy-Dog Lvr Member Posts: 11
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Sound like a few ladies undergoing procedures this week..I wish all the best to each and every one of you ..I am all set for colonoscopy tomorrow and Surgery bright and early Wed morning. As quite the frequent flyer of surgeries I do know the routines of what to expect, however I will have to say this incision that is projected is a bit overwhelming. I am wondering when I open my eyes will someone be there for me that knows the answer to the question; IS IT CANCER??

Comments

• leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers will
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you on Wednesday, Cathy. I already knew I had cancer going into surgery, the question was the extent of the cancer. I don't remember much about waking up after surgery, but I do remember that my gyn/onc was right there to tell me that he got 95% of the cancer and the remainder would be taken care of by chemotherapy. I hope that all surgeons are like this and won't keep you waiting.

First and foremost, though, I will pray that you get the answer "NO, it's not cancer."

Hugs,

Leesa
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    good luck
    Good luck. Keep in touch.
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Best luck
    Best wishes for you this week.
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    More than likely there will
    More than likely there will be someone. Maybe not immediately as you awaken and come around a bit; they'll allow you fully gain your consciousness, and then the doctor and/or their team of doctors come in and begin to tell you what they found.

For me I didn't even know I had cancer...I was admitted for pneumonia only to be told while recovering from heart failure (result of the pneumonia), that I had cancer. NOW THAT WAS SURREAL!

So I will pray for the best.

Please us informed.

Sharon
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options

More than likely there will
    More than likely there will be someone. Maybe not immediately as you awaken and come around a bit; they'll allow you fully gain your consciousness, and then the doctor and/or their team of doctors come in and begin to tell you what they found.

For me I didn't even know I had cancer...I was admitted for pneumonia only to be told while recovering from heart failure (result of the pneumonia), that I had cancer. NOW THAT WAS SURREAL!

So I will pray for the best.

Please us informed.

Sharon

Best of luck
    Hi Cathy-dog lv I wish all the best with your op and hope it is not Cancer. But if it is surgeons are so skilled today you are in the best of hands. I never had surgery because I have peritoneal cancer (same tissue type as ovca so the treatment & prognosis is the same), but it is to your advantage because they can actually REMOVE the cancer and give you a better chance.

Sharon, that must have been such a shock for you - I never realised you had problems with your heart & lungs. Are they OK now?

Tina
  • catcan
    catcan Member Posts: 119
    Options
    Good wishes
    Cathy

Good Luck and wishes cooming your way. I also knew before surgery that I had cancer so no surprises when I woke up. We are all here for you so let us know how it goes.

Praying

Cat
  • leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    catcan said:

Good wishes
    Cathy

Good Luck and wishes cooming your way. I also knew before surgery that I had cancer so no surprises when I woke up. We are all here for you so let us know how it goes.

Praying

Cat

Thinking of you
    Cathy,

I'm getting ready to leave for chemo, but just wanted to take a moment to let you know we're all thinking of you! Please let us know how everything went!

HUGS!

Leesa