First Post treatment mammo on Wed...nervous

MAJW
MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have my first post treatment mammogram coming up this Wednesday.....I can't help but feel anxious but at the same time I keep thinking.......Well, it didn't pick up my bc before....had a mammo and ultrasound three months before I found it myself exactly this time last year! I find myself "reliving" the trauma of this time last year and all that followed, surgery, chemo and radiation.....I call it my slice, dice and burn year! Doing really well until now....and the anxiety has set in....can't wait until it's over....then it's either going to be "clear" or not.....I keep thinking, well I did it once, God forbid, I guess I can do it again, if need be......Trying to keep positive though.....I am sure these feelings are not in anyway unique to me...We all have to face this "first mammo" after treatment....Any advice on how any of you "sisters" have handled this? I'll be so glad when Wednesday is over!

Thanks,
Nancy

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    I just had mine last
    I just had mine last month...and was so excited to be able to tell all the girls that I was dancing with NED....now it's your turn....think positive...you are going to get that clean report and then report back to us asap!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Mine didn't show on the
    Mine didn't show on the mammogram or ultrasound either. So I don't have much faith in them now but if I don't find anything with self exams than I don't worry about it. Still that first one is scary. I'm sure it will be ok. Just get it over with and treat yourself to something special afterwards.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Marcia527 said:

Mine didn't show on the
    Mine didn't show on the mammogram or ultrasound either. So I don't have much faith in them now but if I don't find anything with self exams than I don't worry about it. Still that first one is scary. I'm sure it will be ok. Just get it over with and treat yourself to something special afterwards.

THANKS
    Thank you, you sweet "sisters" for taking the time to respond...very much appreciated and I am so glad all your mammo's were "clean"............Keeping my fingers crossed! Will let you know.......

Thanks again and peace be with all of you
    Nancy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    I think...
    What you're feeling is quite normal for most - if not all - of us, Nancy. Honestly, I'm 6 years out from completion of all active/invasive treatment; and, I still become anxious. Soemtimes it takes days just to muster up enough nerve to make the phone call to schedule the darn appointment.

Really, it's not much different than everything else we face - just gotta do it, get through it.

Special hopes your way tomorrow, for a "clean" mammo and NED result.

Kind regards, Susan