Mastectomy is over! Good reports, thnak for the vibes

Options
Lynda53
Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Mastectomy was 04-02 came home 4 days later, to be readmitted 1/5 days later due to a severe infection. Stayed 11 days, finally released again
Margins allclear, no c in skin, 29 lymph nodes removed, 11 cancerous and 2 large unfound tomurs also removed. All looks good, I still have vns for iv;s at home and changing bandages (the drains ahd to go)
So form here it is onward to radiation in a week or so, and then back to life as it was, or will be.
My hair is growing ever so slowly but seems a bit darker, that would be nice. Serveral friends have remarked on hte prefet tiem tochange hairystyle! I guess they did not like my messy do!
I am now on a venture to help w/the 3 day walk Boston walk. I had attended a fundraiser and feel sending out donation request to those I know and work with this could be the best time!Some 5oo letters or emails going out, hoping to get $5,000 ( I have a macth donation bebefactor)
Many thanks for the advice and warm emails, they helped me thru ,many a day
Especailly Lady Parvati
Peace

care to peek:on the 3day.org, my friends are named the Sisterhood of the Travelling Tata's

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    glad your surgery is over
    glad your surgery is over although not without complications. Yikes!!!! Hope you are on the way to recovery. and when do you start rads? Its not as bad as what you have been through!!! Hugs
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    carkris said:

glad your surgery is over
    glad your surgery is over although not without complications. Yikes!!!! Hope you are on the way to recovery. and when do you start rads? Its not as bad as what you have been through!!! Hugs

glad that you are moving forward
    and your surgery went well.
    Wishing you speedy recovery and quick healing,
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

glad that you are moving forward
    and your surgery went well.
    Wishing you speedy recovery and quick healing,
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Glad its over for you.

Glad its over for you.
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sending my wishes for speedy
    Sending my wishes for speedy recovery. Hang in there and take one day at a time to heal. Marilyn
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    Options
    wow
    You have really been through it. Sounds like you are on the mend now. Wishing you a smooth easy time from here on out!

Hugs, El