Options
2»

Comments

• khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options
    P_I_T_A said:

Staged 3a (1 out of 18 lymphs)
    Was NED post-op, pre-tx Sept 09'. Just finished 6mo FOLFOX, and CT last week still showed NED. Showed a couple of spots on my liver, which kinda bothers me. They're 'assuming' they are just cyst though. They showed up on my pre-tx CT also.

-DJ

I feel like an idiot, all I
    I feel like an idiot, all I know is that I am stage III, and that is still under suspicion, I had a Lymph node Possibly) light up in the PET, they are not sure and all nodes were clear when they took them out. So I have no idea!
  • suelanders
    suelanders Member Posts: 25
    Options
    khl8 said:

I feel like an idiot, all I
    I feel like an idiot, all I know is that I am stage III, and that is still under suspicion, I had a Lymph node Possibly) light up in the PET, they are not sure and all nodes were clear when they took them out. So I have no idea!

You need to educate yourself
    You need to educate yourself about your cancer. I found a lot of information on line. I also got the pathology report from my Doctor so I could find out for myself .I am Stage III B, the tumor was 3 1/2 cm x 2 1/2 cm and one lymph node out of 40 was cancerous. Information is your best friend. I was able to talk to my Doctors and understood exactly where I stood. I just found out I have cancer on Feb. 21st and will start Chemo on April 28th.
    Good luck to you
    Sue
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options

You need to educate yourself
    You need to educate yourself about your cancer. I found a lot of information on line. I also got the pathology report from my Doctor so I could find out for myself .I am Stage III B, the tumor was 3 1/2 cm x 2 1/2 cm and one lymph node out of 40 was cancerous. Information is your best friend. I was able to talk to my Doctors and understood exactly where I stood. I just found out I have cancer on Feb. 21st and will start Chemo on April 28th.
    Good luck to you
    Sue

The thing is I am done with
    The thing is I am done with it all, sugery, chemo the whole bit and I am NED.
  • Lisa Rose
    Lisa Rose Member Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    khl8 said:

The thing is I am done with
    The thing is I am done with it all, sugery, chemo the whole bit and I am NED.

Still Here ~ Still NED
    Surgery March 20, 2002
    Stage 3C ~ 10 positive lymph nodes.
    Just over 8 years and no recurrence.
    Colonoscopy yesterday clean as a whistle.

Lisa Rose
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Have not known NED long
    My Onc always said he believed they got all the cancer when they did surgery, surgery was Dec. 3, 2008. Do I think it will come back, yes, colon cancer has killed everyone in my family that have had it (3 people) All I know is I feel good today.
  • bidi
    bidi Member Posts: 11
    Options
    2bhealed said:

Not only NED but CURED
    Hi Brooks,

I'm 8 years, 8 months and 7 days. At my 5 year mark my local gastro doc declared me cured. While I love to think that's true, it took me a long time to claim that myself since we all know someone who had a late date recurrence. There are no guarantees in life, we all know. Now, almost 4 years after being declared cured, I tend to think of myself as such. (but still with a minute hesitation of doubt...) Drat, I think for us cancer survivors, that shadow of doubt remains permenantly, don't you think?

But I will raise my glass of carrot juice to wish all NED!!

peace, emily

ps. my tumor had broken through the wall and 2 lymph nodes were involved but no mets, and in 2001 it was Staged as III.

Hi 2bhealed,

Did you try juicing to help with your cancer? Is that why you wanted to raise your glass of carrot juice?

My sister has Stage 4 stomach cancer. I have convinced her to juice carrots/apples daily as a complementary regimen to teh chemo she is getting. She seems to be doing much better than the doctors expected. I am thinking that teh reason may be the carrot juice. She is doing a bunch of other things as well such as pranayama (yogic breathing exercise), raw garlic, wheatgrass juice, etc.

Please share with us what you think may have helped with your diagnosis. Thanks much!