Dreams

CarrWilson
CarrWilson Member Posts: 111
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had such a weird dream last night.

I dreamed I walked into a beautiful church and a nun was blessing people. I stood in line and waited for my turn. When I finally got to her she lightly touched my left breast and said "I am so sorry you have breast cancer"

I am not catholic or overly religious. I had a right mastectomy and still have my left breast, now I am kind of freaked out. I have heard others say that they dreamed of their breast cancer. I had a MRI in January, with negative biopsies on the left and I am still undergoing chemo.

I just wondered if anyone else has dreamed and had something come true?

Thanks - Carrie

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Fears
    Carrie,

Wow, that dream would've freaked me out too!!

I've never dreamed about breast cancer (heck, since my diagnosis, I'm not sure I sleep well enough to dream anymore!), but I personally believe that our dreams tell us what's going on in our *head*, not in our body.

It's probably safe to assume that you're to some degree afraid of the cancer coming back to your left breast, so I would choose to believe that your dream is just your mind's way of expressing that fear.

Traci
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    What traci said is true.
    What traci said is true. Most dreams represent something going on with ourselves. I did have one dream about my cancer before surgery. It mainly was how to escape the cancer and surgery. I was afraid of surgery. But I went through with it because I had to.

I had one dream that I died. But this was way past treatment. I looked up the dream meanings and death can mean a death of the old ways and starting new. I found a site that has a dream dictionary. http://www.dreammoods.com/ It has been pretty close but remember to take into consideration what is going on in your life and how you feel about what happened in the dream.

I have had one dream that came true but it was different. I awoke after it in a sweat. In the dream I saw the events as through my eyes. So the next day when it happened I recognised it. I had awakened my husband and told him the dream because I was so upset. The dream wasn't even anything to be upset over. He was the one that noticed the next day that it was my dream starting and pointed it out. He was making fun of me but afterwards said he never would have believed it.

This doesn't happen very often however. Most dreams don't come true. If they did I'd be scared of those nightmares!
  • CarrWilson
    CarrWilson Member Posts: 111
    Marcia527 said:

What traci said is true.
    What traci said is true. Most dreams represent something going on with ourselves. I did have one dream about my cancer before surgery. It mainly was how to escape the cancer and surgery. I was afraid of surgery. But I went through with it because I had to.

I had one dream that I died. But this was way past treatment. I looked up the dream meanings and death can mean a death of the old ways and starting new. I found a site that has a dream dictionary. http://www.dreammoods.com/ It has been pretty close but remember to take into consideration what is going on in your life and how you feel about what happened in the dream.

I have had one dream that came true but it was different. I awoke after it in a sweat. In the dream I saw the events as through my eyes. So the next day when it happened I recognised it. I had awakened my husband and told him the dream because I was so upset. The dream wasn't even anything to be upset over. He was the one that noticed the next day that it was my dream starting and pointed it out. He was making fun of me but afterwards said he never would have believed it.

This doesn't happen very often however. Most dreams don't come true. If they did I'd be scared of those nightmares!

Thanks
    Thanks Marcia -

I went to the website, look what it says about nuns:

Home >> Dream Dictionary Search

Nuns
    To see nuns in your dream, signifies purity, chastity and obedience. It also indicates that you need to live up to the vows and promises you have made. Material fortune and gain may be interfering with your spirituality. Consider also the pun of being "none" or "nothing".

If you are a woman and dream that you are a nun, indicates unhappiness with your current situation and environment. You are looking for an escape. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you are looking for a sense of security or calmness in your life.

Very interesting! - Carrie