New here! Pretty nervous!!

Options
2»

Comments

• leesag
    leesag Member Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Thank you!
    Got the Go Lytely down, now just waiting for my insides to quiet before I try and go to sleep.

I may have hubby post for me if I am stuck in there for a few days. I doubt I am going to come home tommorrow, to be honest.

Right now, I am battling the pre-surgery jitters!!

xoxox Donna

Hi Donna,
    Just wanted to let

Hi Donna,

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today!

HUGS

Leesa
  • TraumaMamma
    TraumaMamma Member Posts: 18
    Options
    leesag said:

Hi Donna,
    Just wanted to let

Hi Donna,

Just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers today!

HUGS

Leesa

I'm home
    I hate not being there to interpret my results. Argh.

They did not do the big surgery, I had the laproscopy. He did a frozen section on the cyst, which came back clear.

However, he said something about my Ovary being "Funky". Whatever that means. It was all removed with tube. He said something about abcesses too, but not sure what that was all about either, as my hubby only heard "cyst is clear" and is believing that everything is going to be fine.

I am still reserving my Whoo hoo's for the final report and I want to know what else he removed because I may have slight vaginal bleeding for a few days and I had a hyster 12 yrs ago. (I did have a mass on the adnexa...abcess, perhaps?)

My biggest problem is peeing. When he put a foley in I tend to not tolerate those well and I have a hard time peeing when they are removed. I have had alot of fluid and only peed about 25cc. I am measuring at home in case I need to go to the ER, so I can tell them what I have put out.

So...I still don't know too much right now. :(

Just worried that "Funky" is not the new "normal"
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options

Thank you!
    Yikes, double post!

Glad to hear that the news
    Glad to hear that the news doesn't appear to be very dire.

You were in my prayers yesterday.

No matter what, the worst thing you can do is worry yourself sick. So just take one day at a time (literally), and you and your family will get through this scare.

It would help if the doctor could be more specific than "funky". LOL!

Hang in there!

Sharon
  • TraumaMamma
    Options

Glad to hear that the news
    Glad to hear that the news doesn't appear to be very dire.

You were in my prayers yesterday.

No matter what, the worst thing you can do is worry yourself sick. So just take one day at a time (literally), and you and your family will get through this scare.

It would help if the doctor could be more specific than "funky". LOL!

Hang in there!

Sharon

Yes, I know....Funky sounded
    Yes, I know....Funky sounded sugar coated to me.

I can't make the results come any faster, so I will just have to wait. It's His time, not mine.

For now, I am just going to try and get comfy and take a few naps.

I will update you all when I get the news.

MsFanciful, you are one of MANY strikingly beautiful women on here. I look at your picture along with everyone elses and find it hard to believe any of you are even sick.

Going back to the sofa!!

xoxoxo Donna
  • leesag
    Options

Yes, I know....Funky sounded
    Yes, I know....Funky sounded sugar coated to me.

I can't make the results come any faster, so I will just have to wait. It's His time, not mine.

For now, I am just going to try and get comfy and take a few naps.

I will update you all when I get the news.

MsFanciful, you are one of MANY strikingly beautiful women on here. I look at your picture along with everyone elses and find it hard to believe any of you are even sick.

Going back to the sofa!!

xoxoxo Donna

Hi Donna
    Just dropping you a note to let you know I'm still thinking about you. Keep us posted!

HUGS!

Leesa
  • TraumaMamma
    Options
    leesag said:

Hi Donna
    Just dropping you a note to let you know I'm still thinking about you. Keep us posted!

HUGS!

Leesa

Love the 'do, woman. You
    Love the 'do, woman. You crack me up.

I still haven't pooped yet. Had some milk of mag...hopefully that will get things going. I have been eating a little....soups, fruits, veggies, yogurt (to try and get the good bacteria back in my bowel). I only take two pain pills a day as I don't wanna derail the poop train there, either.

I don't feel like I am blocked up, but I haven't really passed any gas other that the day after surgery. I am still kind of bloated up. Weight is the same as presurgery, which is really weird. Am I full of air and gas or what?

I have gotten that horrible throbbing pain in my left lower quad again. Not sure if that is where he removed adhesions and that is tender, or because my ovary is gone, or what. I swear, I am driving myself nuts wondering about all the aches and pains and what is normal and what isn't.

I did talk to the doc and we are still waiting on the final report on my ovary and tube. He did say I had a hemorragic cyst on my ovary. I am kind of pissed about that as I have been walking around tachycardic for months 100-120 hr and tired as hell and in pain and obviously this was something that wasn't going to resolve itself.

Still not sure what else he found in the ovary yet. I know it was larger than the other and had more than just that bleeding cyst.

Even this little surgery took alot of out of me. I'm pooped.

And I wish I could poop. ;)
  • leesag
    Options

Love the 'do, woman. You

I still haven't pooped yet. Had some milk of mag...hopefully that will get things going. I have been eating a little....soups, fruits, veggies, yogurt (to try and get the good bacteria back in my bowel). I only take two pain pills a day as I don't wanna derail the poop train there, either.

I don't feel like I am blocked up, but I haven't really passed any gas other that the day after surgery. I am still kind of bloated up. Weight is the same as presurgery, which is really weird. Am I full of air and gas or what?

I have gotten that horrible throbbing pain in my left lower quad again. Not sure if that is where he removed adhesions and that is tender, or because my ovary is gone, or what. I swear, I am driving myself nuts wondering about all the aches and pains and what is normal and what isn't.

I did talk to the doc and we are still waiting on the final report on my ovary and tube. He did say I had a hemorragic cyst on my ovary. I am kind of pissed about that as I have been walking around tachycardic for months 100-120 hr and tired as hell and in pain and obviously this was something that wasn't going to resolve itself.

Still not sure what else he found in the ovary yet. I know it was larger than the other and had more than just that bleeding cyst.

Dare I suggest, Prune Juice?
    Dare I suggest, Prune Juice? My surgeon's nurse told me to drink prune juice followed by warm water. It was nasty, but it worked! I also use colace and sennekotS after my chemo treatments because they cause constipation also.

I'll keep my prayers going and my fingers and toes crossed that the ovary remains only "funky" and nothing worse. It's been my experience that when it's something bad, they seem to know right away, so I hope that helps.

Hugs!

Leesa

(The flower in the mohawk was my daughter's idea!)
  • leesag
    Options

Love the 'do, woman. You

Dare I suggest, Prune Juice?
    Dare I suggest, Prune Juice? My surgeon's nurse told me to drink prune juice followed by warm water. It was nasty, but it worked! I also use colace and sennekotS after my chemo treatments because they cause constipation also.

I'll keep my prayers going and my fingers and toes crossed that the ovary remains only "funky" and nothing worse. It's been my experience that when it's something bad, they seem to know right away, so I hope that helps.

Hugs!

Leesa

(The flower in the mohawk was my daughter's idea!)