Did you have a recurrence that appeared on top of breast?

Options
2»

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Good News
    Today at 9:10 a.m. (Chicago time) I was told that the biospy was fine - no cancer on the left reconstructed breast (which was my good breast that never had cancer).

It is a bright, sunny day in Chicago and it matches my spirits. Hope you all have an equally great day today.

Thank you for caring. You all brougt me good luck.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Great news Janelle!
    Great news Janelle!
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options

Good News
    Today at 9:10 a.m. (Chicago time) I was told that the biospy was fine - no cancer on the left reconstructed breast (which was my good breast that never had cancer).

It is a bright, sunny day in Chicago and it matches my spirits. Hope you all have an equally great day today.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

That is great news! I am so
    That is great news! I am so happy for you!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    elm3544 said:

That is great news! I am so
    That is great news! I am so happy for you!

Yeh! Wonderful news
    Yeh! Wonderful news Janelle!
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    Options

Good News

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

yeah!
    so glad you got good news!

Hugs, El
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    arbojenn said:

Yes
    I had a recurrence--actually it appeared on my reconstructed breast on the skin that was "left over" from my mastectomy. The lump was actually ON the skin and occured along the incision. After a while, the lumps thickened and some actually became scaly. My PCP thought it was just scar tissue, but referred me to a dermatologist who did not recognize it as a recurrence either. She thought it was an infection of some type. As she needed to know WHAT kind of infection, she did a needle biopsy. She said she could hardly believe it when it came back as cancer.
    So, if you have a lump on your skin I suggest you get request a biopsy right away. Could be nothing, but recurrent cancer that appears on the skin is hard to recognize and you need to be SURE. The sooner the better.

me too
    My recurrence sounds exactly like yours. It was discovered in mid-March 2010, 2 years after a mastectomy. I just had my 4th round of AC chemo and will start Taxol on my 5th round. Then i will have another mastectomy, followed by radiation.

How are you doing now?

Linda
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

yeah!
    so glad you got good news!

Hugs, El

Your news was great!
    Your news was great! Congrats!
  • survivor9yrs
    survivor9yrs Member Posts: 57
    Options
    elm3544 said:

Don't know what it is...
    I have a lump near the incision scar. It is near the surface and it is red and sore. I just got back from the Oncologist's office. He said he does not know what it is, but thinks it may be infection. He gave me a prescription for antibiotic and told me to call his office in a week to give him an update. If it hasn't gone away he will have me go get a biopsy. The mammogram did not pick it up. It has been there almost 2 weeks and my mammogram was a week ago today.

beware of another cancer from rad.
    reading all these posts on small lumps on scars, scares me.. angiosarcoma of the breast starts as a bruise or sm. blood blister like lump. sometimes on the old scar of the lumpectomy or as mine did, closer to the thickened skin caused by my rad. 9 yrs. earlier. most drs. have not heard of this. it is rare. mention this to your drs. be very vigilant. this cancer is rare, but becoming more common by the day.