Etoposide

Options
MichaelaMarie
MichaelaMarie Member Posts: 163
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi everyone,

I'm anxious to hear from any of you that has been on oral Etoposide. Any success? I guess that is the next drug I will be on. I've read that it is very hard on both the red and white blood counts.....Rats! Fatigue, we all love so much! Take good care everyone! Luv and hugs, MM

Comments

• nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    not sure
    I know my oncologist told me it doesn't really work. I guess if they use it it must benefit some people!
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Hugs
    Etoposide as I remember wasn't too bad for me and held my cancer for several months. I well get my list out as I catch up to see exactly how long it held for me.

Many prayers ♥ hugs coming your way BonnieRose
  • MichaelaMarie
    Options
    BonnieR said:

Hugs
    Etoposide as I remember wasn't too bad for me and held my cancer for several months. I well get my list out as I catch up to see exactly how long it held for me.

Many prayers ♥ hugs coming your way BonnieRose

Thanks Nancy and Bonnie
    ...Bonnie, but wait until you feel better to check, okay? I just took my first "two" pills of Etoposide tonight. The doctor said he thinks the large tumor on my neck is the ovarian cancer and not Lymphoma.
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    Hi,

I just finished almost 2 months of oral etoposide about 3weeks ago.

For me the etopocide did not yield the results we expected. My ca-125 count at the start of my etopicide was @ 49 and at 2 months it had risen to 62. Now this isn't necessarilly a bad thing but since my oncologist is a stickler about the numbers (she wanted to see them decrease signifcantly), she doesn't believe in wasting time and took me off of them upon which I've been doing a once-a-week taxol maintenance. The taxol after my third week has my count down to 36 (just got those numbers today!)

The thing with the etopocide was for me; I just didn't feel any side-effects at all. None.

That was a bit disheartening for me because these pill were not cheap. I would often ask the nurse "are you all sure I'm even on chemo?".

Keep in mind our bodies are all different and what didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. But you wanted to know of anyone's experience with it and this was mine.

Actually, for me it was so mild; I felt like I was actually on a chemo-break. Lol!

But I hope it works for you , let us know how you fare okay?

Sharon
  • MichaelaMarie
    Options

Hi,

I just finished almost 2 months of oral etoposide about 3weeks ago.

For me the etopocide did not yield the results we expected. My ca-125 count at the start of my etopicide was @ 49 and at 2 months it had risen to 62. Now this isn't necessarilly a bad thing but since my oncologist is a stickler about the numbers (she wanted to see them decrease signifcantly), she doesn't believe in wasting time and took me off of them upon which I've been doing a once-a-week taxol maintenance. The taxol after my third week has my count down to 36 (just got those numbers today!)

The thing with the etopocide was for me; I just didn't feel any side-effects at all. None.

That was a bit disheartening for me because these pill were not cheap. I would often ask the nurse "are you all sure I'm even on chemo?".

Keep in mind our bodies are all different and what didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. But you wanted to know of anyone's experience with it and this was mine.

Actually, for me it was so mild; I felt like I was actually on a chemo-break. Lol!

But I hope it works for you , let us know how you fare okay?

Sharon

Sharon and Bonnie
    I took my first dose last night and didn't feel anything either. My doctor didn't think I would need one of the anti-nausea pills, but I decided to go with one anyway, just to be sure. I'm assuming both of you lost your hair with Etoposide, right? Thanks again for the help. Luv and hugs, MM
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    I did not lose my hair at
    I did not lose my hair at all! ! !

I'm telling you it's as if I wasn't on anything. Even regarding the compasine (anti-nausea medication) that I had just in case. After the first couple of days I didn't need them either.

I was almost on the etopocide for 2 months, short 1 day; when my oncologist said "okay, these are not working so move on to another option."

Are you taking yours once-a-day for 20-days in a row with a week of rest afterwards; upon which you are to repeat the regimen 2 more months?

Sharon
  • MichaelaMarie
    Options

I did not lose my hair at
    I did not lose my hair at all! ! !

I'm telling you it's as if I wasn't on anything. Even regarding the compasine (anti-nausea medication) that I had just in case. After the first couple of days I didn't need them either.

I was almost on the etopocide for 2 months, short 1 day; when my oncologist said "okay, these are not working so move on to another option."

Are you taking yours once-a-day for 20-days in a row with a week of rest afterwards; upon which you are to repeat the regimen 2 more months?

Sharon

That's some good news, at least.
    Hi Sharon,

Not losing your hair, WOW! that is a nice big surprise! But, then, if it didn't work, we could care less about our hair. I didn't lose my hair with Alimta either. I just thought with the devastation to the blood, that it would do a number on the hair too. I must say, you are beautiful and look very nice without hair. I know that I can't pull that look off, but wish that I could. Yes, it sounds like I will be on the same regimen as you were. I will keep you poste. Oooooops, my daughter and granddaughter are here. Bye for now. Thanks again, with love and prayer, MM
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options

That's some good news, at least.
    Hi Sharon,

Not losing your hair, WOW! that is a nice big surprise! But, then, if it didn't work, we could care less about our hair. I didn't lose my hair with Alimta either. I just thought with the devastation to the blood, that it would do a number on the hair too. I must say, you are beautiful and look very nice without hair. I know that I can't pull that look off, but wish that I could. Yes, it sounds like I will be on the same regimen as you were. I will keep you poste. Oooooops, my daughter and granddaughter are here. Bye for now. Thanks again, with love and prayer, MM

jan - april 07
    Hi MM, I looked at my list and the etoposide held my cancer steady for 4 months. For me steady or stable is a good thing. I don't think I lost my hair either. Praying this one kills the cancer back for you and still allows your body to have energy to enjoy the spring summer time. Love Ya Bonnie