Options
2»

Comments

• Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    eric38 said:

Oxi
    I've had oxi too and Satan in a bag is the perfect way to describe it. That stuff left me bed ridden for five days at a time. I could feel that crap oozing out of my pores. It left a film in my mouth that was disgusting and everything that came out of me seemed like I was excreting toxic slime. To quote the mom in the movie water boy " OXI IS THE DEBIL!!! "

Eric

you were in the hospital and we talked about this upcoming Oxy regime?

You kinda looked at like, yeah, ok - but how could you know - it was an unknown.

Glad to see you up and about.

-c
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

you were in the hospital and we talked about this upcoming Oxy regime?

You kinda looked at like, yeah, ok - but how could you know - it was an unknown.

Glad to see you up and about.

-c

Craig
    Good to hear from the man himself. How is that cute pup of yours? I instantly fell in love with him from the pictures. Don't ever give me your address or Harley may mysteriously end up at my place. Kidding - If he shows up missing it wasn't me.

Eric
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I replied on Colon Club
    Hi Holly,

Please check my reply to your same post on Colon Club. if YOU WANT more oxy, there are ways. It all depends on what you want to do.

I'm the poster child for what can go wrong with oxy, and how to combat it and continue. I am fully done with chemo now! WOOOHOOO! I did not get oxy my last tx due to the neuropathy getting too severe for me. I missed one tx in the middle after a bad allergic reaction - we went ahead without oxy while researching how to find a way to continue. So I had 10tx with oxy. But I was stage IIIc, and very likely a IV. So that played into my wanting to do everything I could in this battle. I'm not sure if I would have pushed so hard to continue oxy had I been a stage II. Only YOU can decide this.
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Options
    Holly,John had the same
    Holly,
    John had the same thing happen on treatment #8. It happened again on #9 so he was taken off of it. You aren't alone.
    There are still options if you need them. Don't get depressed. Paula
  • pamness
    pamness Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Oxaliplatin - not my friend either.
    I haven't posted in a while, but I was diagnosed in January of 2007 with Stage 3A colon cancer. For a whole variety of reasons, I couldn't tolerate the Oxaliplatin and was taken off after 5 rounds - I complete the rest of my treatment with 5FU and leukovorin and radiation with 5 FU. I am currently 3 years ned. I was very upset about not being able to finish the oxaliplatin, but after talking to my doctors and doing some research, I became more comfortable with the decision.

One thing my oncologist said resonated with me - he said, no one really knows how little oxaliplatin is enough. No one want to volunteer for that trial.

I hope this helps a little.

Pam