Allergies

Options
slynch
slynch Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am supposed to have surgery on Thursday, April 15th. Our pollen count is horrible here and my sinuses are acting up. Has anyone has this happen and will they go ahead with the surgery. I so want to get this over. I think I will absolutely breakdown if they call it off. I have been stressing for a month. I want it over.

Comments

  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Options
    They may opt to give you
    They may opt to give you nasal spray pre-operatively. Maybe call your surgeon and ask about that, and if you can take cold medicine before surgery. :-)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    JanInMN said:

    They may opt to give you
    They may opt to give you nasal spray pre-operatively. Maybe call your surgeon and ask about that, and if you can take cold medicine before surgery. :-)

    Hate allergies :(
    I agree with Jan. Call your plastic surgeon and explain this to him. They can give you something to help you with your allergies that shouldn't have any effect on your surgery.

    Good luck, Angie
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Slynch
    We have had the same problem here! It's awful! My counts have been high and low and I figured they wouldn't even do my Chemo, but being that I get Benadryl with the treatments, they have gone ahead with it. When I had my port put in, I was horribly congested so they gave me a breathing treatment & a steroid beforehand. So, to answer your ?, I would guess it depends on your counts foremost and then it's up to the surgeon. I know how you feel, postponing is horrible and nerve wrecking! Hope all goes well. Let us know how you make out.
    Hugz,
    Cat
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Cat64 said:

    Slynch
    We have had the same problem here! It's awful! My counts have been high and low and I figured they wouldn't even do my Chemo, but being that I get Benadryl with the treatments, they have gone ahead with it. When I had my port put in, I was horribly congested so they gave me a breathing treatment & a steroid beforehand. So, to answer your ?, I would guess it depends on your counts foremost and then it's up to the surgeon. I know how you feel, postponing is horrible and nerve wrecking! Hope all goes well. Let us know how you make out.
    Hugz,
    Cat

    talk to anesthesiologist
    Definitely both your surgeon and anesthesiologist need to be aware of your problem.
    Good Luck