Options
2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    lizzie17 said:

soy
    I just know that my cancer center told me no soy products. When I asked more questions, they said soy sauce once a week at the most, and eliminate soy. But, have you noticed that soy is in almost everything??

nutritionist
    spoke to two nutritionists at cancer center. glutamine helps arthralgias during taxol. B6 is good for peripheral neuropathy. Soy works differently depending on what kind. soy lecitin is ok, concentrated soy as in powders is not. some soy in the diet is beneficial. also said to avoid tomatoes in cans as the acid interacts with BPA in the can lining, gets released into the food. (same substance in plastic bottles). It helped me as I was getting paranoid. I still plan on avoiding packaged foods, prob alot of soy as I dont like it anyway. interestingly enough my mom got estrogen pos BC and never eats soy.(allergic). anyway I think its good to consult a nutritionist, the stuff out there is confusing and hard to interpret.
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    natly15 said:

Cant wait to hear from y0u
    Cant wait to hear from y0u Sher. What in heavens name can we eat? I just read that juicing is wonderful. I'm going to slowly switch to more veggies and fruits. I've eliminated anything with artificial sweetners and wont go near a lean cuisine anymore. I guess the closer we eat foods from the earth the better off we will be. I'm not giving up berries and I'll try to increase veggies but no plans to become any form of vegetarian. One of the posts said that reading is bad for your health, it certainly can be---yikes there is so much conflicting info out there it can become quite confusing.

Staying away from Lean Cuisine?
    This is all so confusing?