Reoccuring liver mets just after 2months of NED

Options
2»

Comments

• vhtqm1
    vhtqm1 Member Posts: 107
    Options
    Cetuximab and Irinotecan
    is currently what i'm on after NED for 8 months and recurrence of two lesions on liver. maybe this might be something to bring up to oncologist? for me it seems to be working. last CT and PET scans showed improvement.

ed
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    Erin
    Hi Erin,

So sorry your husband has had the recurrence. Been there done that. I don't have any more suggestions to add- everyone else has already done a great job in posting possibilities and it sounds like your hubby may be likely getting Folfiri and Erbitux. Best wishes with that. I know how tiring the chemo can be- just keep thinking of each treatment as warfare on the cancer. Your husband will win this battle.

Take care and God bless-
    Lisa
  • Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Thank You!
    For the compliment! what makeup does for a woman, eh?? LOL!

I will let you know how the spheres went, and hope it isn't real painful. I just hope they knock you out through it, I don't like being awake for procedures like this.

I live 2 hours away from Columbus, and my wonderful hubby has been driving me back and forth every other week for my treatments, since Feb of 2009. I know we could sure use a break, but I just didn't want to be stuck with these little country hospitals around me here in Ohio either, I just wanted to be somewhere where they actually knew what they were doing. The hospital that is 30 miles from me had nurses who have never even seen a port before, so you know I sure didn't want to be there...LOL!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Hi
    I would be more than happy to drive the two hours for my husband and my piece of mind! I am embarrased to say I don't trust the rural hospitals either! WHY are we here (my husband and I)?
    I am so confused now. I talked to the surgeon in PA today and he said that he was pleased with the PET and the CT scan and did not notice any change when he personally read the scan. I guess 7mm could just be read as an increase because of the cut of the scan? Our oncologist just reads the transcription I wish he would personally read the scan as well. Anyway My husband is on FOLFIRI and Camptosar today...puking and tired. I hate to see him go through this. Good news though, the surgeon said he could probably go off of it in three months and is confident the scan will look good. He said it would be ok for my husband to be on it since his CEA did rise from one to four as long as he doesn't have any bad side effects. Is vomiting a bad side effect? JK probably not!
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Erinb said:

Hi
    I would be more than happy to drive the two hours for my husband and my piece of mind! I am embarrased to say I don't trust the rural hospitals either! WHY are we here (my husband and I)?
    I am so confused now. I talked to the surgeon in PA today and he said that he was pleased with the PET and the CT scan and did not notice any change when he personally read the scan. I guess 7mm could just be read as an increase because of the cut of the scan? Our oncologist just reads the transcription I wish he would personally read the scan as well. Anyway My husband is on FOLFIRI and Camptosar today...puking and tired. I hate to see him go through this. Good news though, the surgeon said he could probably go off of it in three months and is confident the scan will look good. He said it would be ok for my husband to be on it since his CEA did rise from one to four as long as he doesn't have any bad side effects. Is vomiting a bad side effect? JK probably not!

I Have
    Never puked on Folfiri, and I was on it since Feb 2009, you have to ask for really good anti-nausea meds, I am on Emend, Dexamethsone, compazine, and they give me a shot of Zofran that is long lasting, for 4 days! You have to take these before you get sick, once you start throwing up, it's hard for the meds to work then, since it's probably coming right back up in his vomit...

What anti meds is he on? make sure he takes them every few hours, for the rest of the infustion time, even if he doesn't feel sick, it will keep it under control...I had a hard time with nausea the first time I got the Folfiri, I was soooo sick, that I could barely move, eat or drink, and you have to be careful with that, because he can become dehydrated, he really needs to get plenty of fluids in him, try some saltines, it can settle the stomach, and also, I do take some hits off of some pot, which I don't get stoned on it, but It does work wonders with nausea....just a few hits, and I feel better, it works faster then the pills.

But have him mention to the nurses Emend, it's a great anti-nausea med. I never got nauseous again after that first time. Hope he feels better next time!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna