Options
2»

Comments

• dynamo1
    dynamo1 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2019 #22
    Options

Emotional unhappiness
    I know as a cancer survivor that I was guilty of being obsessed at first with my cancer condition. only recently, It felt like I awoke from a horrible nightmare. I didn't realize what a jerk I was to my family. I found out that I had cancer in my fifties. I know that it has been rough for you to cope with his "crazies". I was no angel either. Once my wife made me aware(she was very cold), I started a never ending journey to regain her love and trust. I ask the a similiar question as you "when does your spouse become your best friend and lover again?" I see a therapist and I dedicate myself to mending fences and being a better person. I understand why you filed divorce. I'm in the opposite situation where I feel unloved and lonely. I am an emotional man with deep sensitivity. Feeling lonely and adrift, you should have happiness and affection. I have fourth stage Renal cancer, I have always fought it with a positive attitude. Cancer should not be allowed to destroy a relationship. Lord knows I have tried since the awakening. It takes two to make a marriage work( after 33 years and three kids, I should know). I just wish my own spouse would realize it.You can't do it alone. Your ex-husband is a young man who will survive his cancer, if he allows it. It's time he woke up as I have. I wish you the best in your journey of life.

Disheartened

Hello All,

I am so disheartened by the posts on this Thread.  I am a cancer patient and surviving one day at a time.

Marriage is not for weak folks who can not see deeper and wider than the emotions of the moment.

I did not ask for nor do any particular behavior that caused my stage 4 nuerendocrine cancer. So to think my spouse would

talk about me the way I hear you all talking makes me (want to leave this cruel world). My spouse has voiced some similar thoughts as yours and 

even started an affair to help him feel better about himself. Marriage is disposable today, no more for sickness and in health.  Mates only want 

the good times, the wealthy times, the healthy times it seems. Everyone seems worried about themselves and no compassion or patience for the 

mate with this terrible disease. I hope you are not trying to rationalize the disposal of a human who has brought an inconvenience into

your life as the surviving spouse.  Try and dig deeper into your better nature and explore all aspects love not just the hallmark stuff.

Speaking for the Cancer Patient (Victim) "now is the time we really need your true love".