Rads are done and cruising in 2 weeks!!

Sharon40
Sharon40 Member Posts: 93
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Rads are done and cruising in 2 weeks! I am finally done with rads (30 treatments) and yes I a burnt up! I am so glad I have a few weeks to get cleared up before the cruise. My DR said for 7 to 10 days I will still be "cooking" on the inside, so not to get any sun YET! I know there will be shade somewhere on that boat!!

So glad to be done with rads . . . what a LONG 6 weeks, but I made it! Good luck to all those still making your daily visits. It really does end eventually!

Comments

• MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    So happy for you that you
    So happy for you that you are finished with rads. I have eight days left in rads and am so burnt that I'm taking two days off to let my skin rest. Keep using your creams and enjoy your cruise. Where are you going? Have fun and let us know all the details when you get back.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    MGNS said:

So happy for you that you
    So happy for you that you are finished with rads. I have eight days left in rads and am so burnt that I'm taking two days off to let my skin rest. Keep using your creams and enjoy your cruise. Where are you going? Have fun and let us know all the details when you get back.

Congratulations!!!
    Have a good trip and nice weather! Take moisturizer with you and continue to treat your skin.
    Great accomplishment!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    You have a wonderful cruise
    You have a wonderful cruise and take it easy. Don't forget to keep using the lotions. Slather them on often. It will really help. Glad you are done and happy that you have this trip to enjoy.
    Stef
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulations!!!!
    I am happy to read that you are done with rads and off on a cruise soon. Just remember to keep up on your lotions and what a perfect ending to your treatments! Bon Voyage!!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Congratulations!!!
    Have a good trip and nice weather! Take moisturizer with you and continue to treat your skin.
    Great accomplishment!

Congrats Sharon! Enjoy your
    Congrats Sharon! Enjoy your cruise!

Sue :)
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Congratulations!!!
    I'm not too far behind you, so let me know how much fun you have. I'm finishing rads on April 27th, and we have a cruise planned for June 6th. I'm hoping I have at least a little hair by then.

Where are you going on your cruise?
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Sounds great!
    I can see by your avatar picture that you're excited! I went on a cruise for my honeymoon in 2002. Loved it. I'm sure you'll find plenty of activities that don't involve the scorching sun. How about a nice facial at the spa and drinks at one of the cool brandy and cigar bars a lot of those ships have now. Congrats and have fun!

Mimi
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    mimivac said:

Sounds great!
    I can see by your avatar picture that you're excited! I went on a cruise for my honeymoon in 2002. Loved it. I'm sure you'll find plenty of activities that don't involve the scorching sun. How about a nice facial at the spa and drinks at one of the cool brandy and cigar bars a lot of those ships have now. Congrats and have fun!

Mimi

Have a wonderful time on
    Have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Leeza
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    WOW! That is so terrific!
    WOW! That is so terrific! What a fantastic way to reward yourself. I thought of doing the very same thing, except I haven't had reconstruction yet and I just couldn't imagine being on a cruise with only one boob. I think I spent 80% of the time in a bathing suit. Yea, I know there are mastectomy suits, but I would rather 'feel' whole. I think I'll wait until it's all there... my boob, my hair, my body, lol.

I'm so happy for you and I hope you'll share you're experience with us!!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Congrats!! You deserve it!
    Congrats!! You deserve it! I cAnt wait to go on a cruise, but cant just yet because I'm still in treatment. My husband is a cruise planner. He's booking all these gorgeous ships and wonderful trips for people and I cant wait till I'm one of those people.

Have a wonderful vacation. Enjoy - enjoy - enjoy - Bon voyage!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Marlene_K said:

WOW! That is so terrific!
    WOW! That is so terrific! What a fantastic way to reward yourself. I thought of doing the very same thing, except I haven't had reconstruction yet and I just couldn't imagine being on a cruise with only one boob. I think I spent 80% of the time in a bathing suit. Yea, I know there are mastectomy suits, but I would rather 'feel' whole. I think I'll wait until it's all there... my boob, my hair, my body, lol.

I'm so happy for you and I hope you'll share you're experience with us!!

Congrats on finishing!
    Congrats on finishing! Wishing you a really great time on your cruise!

Megan
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Sharon
    I just finished my 7th rad, so far no effects. When does the burning start? My hip is also being done. I'm happy for you being finished!
  • Sharon40
    Sharon40 Member Posts: 93
    laurissa said:

Hi Sharon
    I just finished my 7th rad, so far no effects. When does the burning start? My hip is also being done. I'm happy for you being finished!

everyone is different
    Everyone is different as you know, but for me it was around week 4. I had an alergic reaction to tape in the same area and it was still trying to heal (very raw) and it burned the worst! I hope you don't burn at all!!
    Good luck!