Taxol Side Effects

Mariannemm
Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have had 2 Taxol treatments over the past 2 weeks. I am just off 4 rounds of AC chemo too. I have noticed that I am having sharp chest pains. Have you had that side effect? Or is it just me being too stressed with life?!

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I didn't have Taxol, I had
    I didn't have Taxol, I had Taxotere instead. I'm not sure if that is a side effect or not but I would recommend that you make a call to your onc and check it out. Better to be safe than sorry. Take care.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Call Dr.
    Call your Dr. I just dug out the Patient Care Packet I was given for Taxol and it says to Call Healthcare Provider Immediately if
    Chest tightness
    Chest Pain or Pressure.

I had been on 4 doses of A/C before surgery and then 12 doses of Taxol. My biggest problem with it was complete and utter exhaustion 5 days a week. I did find out in the CT scan after the last dose that a small amount of fluid had built up around my heart. I never noticed any pain/discomfort from it and it has now gone away.

Really cal and talk to your Dr.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Rague said:

Call Dr.
    Call your Dr. I just dug out the Patient Care Packet I was given for Taxol and it says to Call Healthcare Provider Immediately if
    Chest tightness
    Chest Pain or Pressure.

I had been on 4 doses of A/C before surgery and then 12 doses of Taxol. My biggest problem with it was complete and utter exhaustion 5 days a week. I did find out in the CT scan after the last dose that a small amount of fluid had built up around my heart. I never noticed any pain/discomfort from it and it has now gone away.

Really cal and talk to your Dr.

I did have Taxol and you
    I did have Taxol and you need to call your doctor ASAP. Play it safe.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Kat11 said:

I did have Taxol and you
    I did have Taxol and you need to call your doctor ASAP. Play it safe.

I had taxol, no chest pains.
    I had taxol, no chest pains. I agree call your doc to be safe. Do you need the ER to check?