Update from Sunrae

Options
2»

Comments

• Trish_from_Pittsburgh
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Another setback today. I
    Another setback today. I noticed yesterday that something was bothering me and had to take a urine sample to the dr today. Now I have a urinary tract infection and have been put on antibiotics for the next 5 days, which may hold up my surgery once again. Still having some coughing and lots of sinus drainage from allergies. Called my surgeon and waiting to find out if it can still be done on April 15th. May not know until one day next week but hoping and praying that these infections will clear up quickly. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

I'm praying for you.....
    Sunrae,

Lots of prayers are coming your way....Try to hang in there....Had my annual mammogram yesterday....good news....12 years cancer-free!....

Hugs & prayers,
    Trish
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Another setback today. I
    Another setback today. I noticed yesterday that something was bothering me and had to take a urine sample to the dr today. Now I have a urinary tract infection and have been put on antibiotics for the next 5 days, which may hold up my surgery once again. Still having some coughing and lots of sinus drainage from allergies. Called my surgeon and waiting to find out if it can still be done on April 15th. May not know until one day next week but hoping and praying that these infections will clear up quickly. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Usually urinary tract
    Usually urinary tract infections can clear up in 48 hours, even though you need to continue the antibiotics until they are all gone. Sorry about this setback.

Sending you prayers!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Usually urinary tract
    Usually urinary tract infections can clear up in 48 hours, even though you need to continue the antibiotics until they are all gone. Sorry about this setback.

Sending you prayers!

I've had so many bladder
    I've had so many bladder infections and UTI's over the years due to having high blood sugar (diabetes) and it usually clears up quickly. So I'm hoping this infection goes away fast. I have an appointment Monday with the pre-op dept. at the hospital where I'll be having the surgery. I'll just have to wait and see what they say but hope and pray I'll get their okay.
  • Sunrae
    Options

I'm praying for you.....
    Sunrae,

Lots of prayers are coming your way....Try to hang in there....Had my annual mammogram yesterday....good news....12 years cancer-free!....

Hugs & prayers,
    Trish

Trish, thanks for sharing
    Trish, thanks for sharing your good news, 12 years cancer-free. I read your posts and know your husband died recently and I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like you're a very strong woman and inspiring too. Hope you can celebrate beating cancer in some way. Do something special, you deserve it.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Sunrae said:

I've had so many bladder
    I've had so many bladder infections and UTI's over the years due to having high blood sugar (diabetes) and it usually clears up quickly. So I'm hoping this infection goes away fast. I have an appointment Monday with the pre-op dept. at the hospital where I'll be having the surgery. I'll just have to wait and see what they say but hope and pray I'll get their okay.

Sunrae
    Wishing you luck on Monday
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Trish_from_Pittsburgh
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Trish, thanks for sharing
    Trish, thanks for sharing your good news, 12 years cancer-free. I read your posts and know your husband died recently and I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like you're a very strong woman and inspiring too. Hope you can celebrate beating cancer in some way. Do something special, you deserve it.

I'll be with you on Monday....
    Sunrae,

You sure are a "RAY OF SUN"!

Thank you for the nice comments and thank you for adding me as a friend.

Yes, my husband just passed away 4 months ago from esophageal cancer. The part that upsets me the most is that he was always there for me and helped me to recover from breast cancer 12 years ago, and even though I was there for him, too, there was nothing I could do to prevent cancer from taking his life.

When I went for my annual mammogram this week, it hit me that this is the first mammo I've gone to without him. There was no one in the waiting room for me to give a "thumbs up" to. When I got home and looked on the CSN site (I normally post on the esophageal thread), I decided to look at the breast cancer thread this time. After reading lots of posts, I thought YOU were the one I wanted to share my good news with....

Please know I'll be with you in spirit on Monday and praying for good news from the docs.

Hang in there. I know you're going to be OK.

Hugs and prayers,
    Trish
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Sunrae
    Good luck with the next step of this adventure. I wish you a speedy recovery. Be well.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Sunrae
    Good luck with the next step of this adventure. I wish you a speedy recovery. Be well.

can you drink no sugar
    can you drink no sugar cranberry juice? hope it all sorts out soon, real soon. hugs
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Thanks for all your love and
    Thanks for all your love and support. I know when I go into the OR so many of you will be there with me and that's a thought I will dwell on. I think sometimes all my health issues just overwhelm me. Lately my diabetes has been out of whack and that causes me problems too. In the last week I've been to 4 doctors, and only one of them was dealing with bc. I know many others are dealing with problems too as they go thru this battle. I try not be post when I'm feeling so negative but I just had to vent my frustration. Soon I hope to be back to my old bouncy self and get on with my life. I'm so happy to see so many dancing with NED. This kind of news is so uplifting and inspiring and I never tire of reading these posts. I can't wait for my turn but I know I have to take one step at a time to get to that dance. Sisters, we will all get there and we can join in the celebration that goes with dancing with NED. Hang in there and I will too. Love you all.

Sorry
    Sorry to hear the news. It gets overwhelming when you have all of these things hit you all at once. I will be there with you when you go into the OR so we got your back. It will be fine. Those docs know their job and know it well. I hope he can handle a packed OR. :) Take care.

P
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Another setback today. I

I think you'll be ok
    Hi Sunrae,

I'm going to tell you my thoughts after being a pre-op nurse for 10 years. You should be fine regarding the UTI as long as you take all of your antibiotics and feel the infection is going away. As for the allergies, sinus drainage will not stop anything. If the drainage shows infection (gross green/yellow) they may want to delay you. A cough is ok as long as you are not unusally short of breath or wheezy and your oxygen level is ok (measured by that little clip with a light on your finger). The final decision about your breathing is usually made by your anesthesiologist. Possible infection decisions are usually made by your surgeon. From your description, I think you will be ok to go as long as nothing gets worse.

Here's a little nurse and sinus sufferer advice. If you aren't doing it already, try flushing your sinuses with salt water 2 or 3 times a day. It's not fun but makes a HUGE difference. It flushes out the pollens that are in your nasal passage ways and also calms the irritation and swelling. If you have an early infection often you can get it to go away. I use something called "NeilMed Sinus Rinse", it's a special squirt bottle. The Kit comes with a pre-measured powder you mix with water. Using salt water has been much more effective for me. My ENT suggested it. I use a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt (Has no additives and dissolves quickly)in warm water (using cold water is really rude!). As I said it's not pleasant to squirt water up your nose but, man does it work!

You'll be in my thought and prayers on Wednesday.

Healthy hugs!!!!!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

can you drink no sugar
    can you drink no sugar cranberry juice? hope it all sorts out soon, real soon. hugs

Sunrae
    I hope that all is

Sunrae
    I hope that all is able to proceed for you. Waiting and delays are the worst. I also get bladder infection (think I have one starting). I have heard that the for us diabetics you can use the cranberry capsules/pills or pure cranberry juice (no added sugar). I get these infections fairly often and usually on a weekend. Anyway, I will say prayers that nothing will further delay your surgery. And the OR will be crowded with all of us in there watching over you.
    Stef
  • katznc
    katznc Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Another setback today. I

salt water wash works
    Hi Sunrae,

I'm a newbie here so I haven't met you before but I have been following your posts. I can give hugs and prayers for you and sinus advice if nothing else but the salt water wash does work. It's a little weird and you can always start with just a little til you get used to it. They even make these really fancy little pour things that look like tiny water cans. Some are all painted with flowers and such. But it does work well.

Many Hugs and prayers for you
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Sunrae
    Wishing you luck on Monday
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Good luck on Monday Sunrae!

Good luck on Monday Sunrae!
  • Sunrae
    Options
    fauxma said:

Sunrae
    I hope that all is

Sunrae
    I hope that all is able to proceed for you. Waiting and delays are the worst. I also get bladder infection (think I have one starting). I have heard that the for us diabetics you can use the cranberry capsules/pills or pure cranberry juice (no added sugar). I get these infections fairly often and usually on a weekend. Anyway, I will say prayers that nothing will further delay your surgery. And the OR will be crowded with all of us in there watching over you.
    Stef

Thanks for everyone's advice
    Thanks for everyone's advice regarding my sinus problems, UTI, etc. Its good to hear from a pre-opt nurse and I feel more encouraged. I meet tomorrow, Monday, with the pre-opt team and hopefully it'll be thumbs up when I come out. The UTI is under control, 2 more days of antibiotics. The coughing has improved some. I do use the sinus rinse, also Nasonex and Advair, since I have asthma. I never looked for sugar free cranberry juice but I have taken the cranberry pills in the past. I really appreciate all of you and you encourage me.
  • TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Thanks for everyone's advice regarding my sinus problems, UTI, etc. Its good to hear from a pre-opt nurse and I feel more encouraged. I meet tomorrow, Monday, with the pre-opt team and hopefully it'll be thumbs up when I come out. The UTI is under control, 2 more days of antibiotics. The coughing has improved some. I do use the sinus rinse, also Nasonex and Advair, since I have asthma. I never looked for sugar free cranberry juice but I have taken the cranberry pills in the past. I really appreciate all of you and you encourage me.

Did everything go good with
    Did everything go good with your pre-op? I have been reading the posts for the past couple of days on your situation and I guess just having you in my head made me dream about you last night. Good stuff! Everyone is right about your picture....you seems so warm and welcoming! I know things will look up for you! I hope things went well! Let us know!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

We are all supporting you
    We are all supporting you Sunrae and praying for you!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

can you drink no sugar

Sending you prayers and
    Sending you prayers and positive thoughts on your surgery!

Hugs, Leeza