MY ACCOUNT GOT DELETED!!!!!

m-star
m-star Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just opened my emails to recieve one fromGreta at CSN saying that while she was tring to sort out some problems i was having with my account,she accidentally deleted it!!!!

ALL my previous posts on the discussion boards are gone!!!
ALL my expressions posts are gone!!!
ALL my photos are gone!!!
MY WHOLE 'ABOUT ME' has gone!!!!

She told me she had made another account for me under the same username and gave me the link to reinstate myself but all the valuable info i gave on here about physio exercises is now lost.... =(

If i get the time to type it all out again i will and i'll post it on here.

Feel so sad that its all gone....... :"-(

Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    I'm sad, too!
    No! I have re-read several of your posts, and I just printed out your post-surgery exercise suggestions this weekend. Well, don't stop posting. So sorry this happened to you.
  • m-star

I'm sad, too!
    No! I have re-read several of your posts, and I just printed out your post-surgery exercise suggestions this weekend. Well, don't stop posting. So sorry this happened to you.

phew!!!
    at least you got to

phew!!!
    at least you got to print them out before it all got deleted!!!
    I will try my best to put them back on so others can use them, as soon as poss!

xx
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

I'm sad, too!

If you have the post surgery
    If you have the post surgery exercises, perhaps you can copy and paste on a Start A New Discussion here on the BC boards~ that should save some work!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    chenheart said:

If you have the post surgery
    If you have the post surgery exercises, perhaps you can copy and paste on a Start A New Discussion here on the BC boards~ that should save some work!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

your exercises
    1) circle shoulders 5x forward and 5x backward
    2)place fingertips on shoulders of same side and slowly raise elbows upward until they are in line with the height of your shoulders.repeat 5x (you may not get very high to start with)
    3)sit on the edge of a chair,clasp ahnds with arms out locked in front of you and slowly lift to shoulder height.repeat 5x
    4)raise each arm individually as if combing your hair from front to back.repeat 5 times each side(i found this one painful to start with)
    5)reach around and walk your fingers up your back.repeat 5x each side.
    6)stand about 1 foot away from the wall but face it.put both hands on the wall in front of you and slowly walk your fingers up the wall.Mark where you get to so you can copare daily.repeat 5x
    7)stand so the wall is to your side.place fingers on the wall and slowly walk your fingers up the wall as in (6).repeat 5x each side.
    8) lay on the bed with kness drawn up and feet flat.Put your hands behind your head and VERY gently let your arms drop as far as they will go.Repeat 5 times,(this also hurt alot but it does get easier!)
    9) hold a towel diagonally behind your back and see-saw it up and down in a drying action.
    10)lay on your back with enough head room to lift both arms upward and over your head as far as you can.Do 1 arm at a time and assist with the other arm.go as far as you can and hold for 5 seconds.repeat 5x each side.
    11)lay on the floor with 1 armout to the side,palm facing up.slide the arm away from you and upward as far as you can hold for 5.repeat other side.
    12)stand in a doorway with your elbow and forearm against the frame.face straight forward.feel a firm but comfortable stretch.Then with the opposite leg,step fwd and lunge slightly,feeling the stretch on the chest and underarm.hold for 5 and repeat 5x each side.
    13)reach over your headand try and reach down to your shoulder blades.Aim to point your elbow to the ceiling.use the other hand to push a little further.Hold for 5.repeat 5 x
    Now there is an arm-swinging exercise recommended for those that had node removal which should be done BEFORE numbers 11,12 and 13.
    Place the unaffected arm on the back of a chair and lean fwd resting your forehead on your arm. Allow your other arm to hand loosely and swing the shoulder fwd,backward,side to side and then in a circular motion.**** the arm relaxes,increase the length of the swings and size of the circles.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE REMEMBER I AM NOT A PHYSIOTHERAPIST AND AM JUST RELAYING WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY SURGEON AND THERAPIST.
    EACH PERSON WILL DIFFER IN WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN'T DO.
    Hope this is of some help to you and anyone else reading this
    ps.
    these exercises should be repeated 3-4 times daily.I have done my religiously and in 22 days have almost got my full range of movement bacl already.The only restrictions i have are caysed by my expanders.
  • m-star
    Lynda53 said:

your exercises
    1) circle shoulders 5x forward and 5x backward
    2)place fingertips on shoulders of same side and slowly raise elbows upward until they are in line with the height of your shoulders.repeat 5x (you may not get very high to start with)
    3)sit on the edge of a chair,clasp ahnds with arms out locked in front of you and slowly lift to shoulder height.repeat 5x
    4)raise each arm individually as if combing your hair from front to back.repeat 5 times each side(i found this one painful to start with)
    5)reach around and walk your fingers up your back.repeat 5x each side.
    6)stand about 1 foot away from the wall but face it.put both hands on the wall in front of you and slowly walk your fingers up the wall.Mark where you get to so you can copare daily.repeat 5x
    7)stand so the wall is to your side.place fingers on the wall and slowly walk your fingers up the wall as in (6).repeat 5x each side.
    8) lay on the bed with kness drawn up and feet flat.Put your hands behind your head and VERY gently let your arms drop as far as they will go.Repeat 5 times,(this also hurt alot but it does get easier!)
    9) hold a towel diagonally behind your back and see-saw it up and down in a drying action.
    10)lay on your back with enough head room to lift both arms upward and over your head as far as you can.Do 1 arm at a time and assist with the other arm.go as far as you can and hold for 5 seconds.repeat 5x each side.
    11)lay on the floor with 1 armout to the side,palm facing up.slide the arm away from you and upward as far as you can hold for 5.repeat other side.
    12)stand in a doorway with your elbow and forearm against the frame.face straight forward.feel a firm but comfortable stretch.Then with the opposite leg,step fwd and lunge slightly,feeling the stretch on the chest and underarm.hold for 5 and repeat 5x each side.
    13)reach over your headand try and reach down to your shoulder blades.Aim to point your elbow to the ceiling.use the other hand to push a little further.Hold for 5.repeat 5 x
    Now there is an arm-swinging exercise recommended for those that had node removal which should be done BEFORE numbers 11,12 and 13.
    Place the unaffected arm on the back of a chair and lean fwd resting your forehead on your arm. Allow your other arm to hand loosely and swing the shoulder fwd,backward,side to side and then in a circular motion.**** the arm relaxes,increase the length of the swings and size of the circles.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PLEASE REMEMBER I AM NOT A PHYSIOTHERAPIST AND AM JUST RELAYING WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY SURGEON AND THERAPIST.
    EACH PERSON WILL DIFFER IN WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN'T DO.
    Hope this is of some help to you and anyone else reading this
    ps.
    these exercises should be repeated 3-4 times daily.I have done my religiously and in 22 days have almost got my full range of movement bacl already.The only restrictions i have are caysed by my expanders.

oh Linda,you're a
    oh Linda,you're a lifesaver!!! Thaqnk you so much for putting them back up for me!

I had just got the booklet out here next to me and was going to start typing them up again. Good job i checked on here first! =)

I must add the following:

post surgery:

Days 1-7 (first 5 exercises)

Day 7-14 (exercises 1-9 )

Day 14-21 (all 13 exercises )

After 21 days you can taper off the first 5 exercises and concentrate on the others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i may copy and paste this onto a thread of its own so it can be found easily with a 'POST MASTECTOMY EXERCISES' heading or something.